// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣 //

hiraeth - part eighty-four

»»——⍟——««

       Fifteen minutes had barely passed since the start of the tournament, and nineteen people had already been eliminated, leaving sixty-one fighters in the arena. The arena had been shredded to pieces, rapidly falling apart under all of the chaos. Y/n had completely lost sight of Goku, and had taken it upon herself to protect Gohan, Piccolo, Master Roshi, and Tienshinhan. However, she hadn't expected to be so overwhelmed by so many opponents who seemingly had it out for universe seven.

"What is with everyone? It's like they're holding a grudge against us!" Y/n yelled as her fist smashed into the face of her opponent, knocking them into a rock wall.

"They blame us for the tournament," Gohan spoke, his attention held on the person he held in his fist, dropping them over the edge and into the void. "Dad was the one who had this whole thing set up. But if it weren't for him, we would've been erased without warning."

"I thought the Zenoes liked Goku though." Y/n raised a brow in confusion, gritting her teeth in annoyance as the man she was fighting, a strange humanoid man from universe three, stood back up, trying to attack her once more. He rushed at her, though somewhat weakened from Y/n's previous attacks. Y/n huffed in aggravation, thrusting her palm out, the force of her kiai stopping him in his tracks. She slammed her foot into his gut, sending him flying over the edge of the arena, letting out a chuckle as Gohan had to dodge the flying body.

"I guess immortality will do that to you," Gohan said as he watched the man disappear in the void. His eyes turned onto Y/n as she approached him, standing at his side as she smirked up at him.

"That's my fifth elimination, what about you?" She asked. Gohan chuckled nervously, turning away as he rubbed the back of his head anxiously.

"I'm only on my second, I haven't had much of a chance to eliminate anyone, what with you protecting us and all," He said, giving her a small smile. Y/n giggled, but her attention was suddenly ripped away from him as a loud explosion behind them went off.

Whipping around, Y/n spotted Tienshinhan being flung off the edge of the arena, taking down an unknown opponent with him. She had barely even noticed the fight going on behind her with all of the chaos happening around them.

Y/n could feel her own guilt beginning to crawl up from within her, but before it could take effect, Y/n spotted a familiar face within the confusion. Goku had been with Vegeta, fighting alongside Tien just before he had been eliminated. He knocked someone over the edge, eliminating one of the people who had been responsible for Tien being knocked over.

As Goku had turned to focus on something else, he caught sight of Y/n in his peripherals, a grin tugging at his lips as the two approached each other.

"Y/n! I was just wondering how you were doing," Goku said as he was practically beaming down at her. Y/n chuckled, her face heating up slightly at the idea. She hadn't thought Goku would be thinking of her in such a time.

"Well, I had to take it upon myself to hold our team together seeing as how you left us," She teased, smirking up at him. Goku blew a raspberry, looking away as he sweated nervously.

Before he could formulate any kind of response, a ki blast suddenly went off just behind Goku. Without a moment's hesitation, Y/n had shoved him to the side, slapping the ball of ki in the opposite direction. Turning her attention onto their attacker, she glared up at the trio of women who had appeared out of nowhere.