Chapter<9>

I walked out and easily spotted him in the parking lot leaning against his car.
"Hey"I said immediately I got to him and he hugged me briefly.
"You hungry?"I raised an eyebrow at his question not sure what all this is all about. I think I really have an idea on what it is about.
"I will take you to that Italian restaurant after we are done shopping"he unlocked the car with his keys and I sighed.
"That still doesn't explain where we are going Ian"I grumbled as I headed to the passenger side.
"Oh you will see"he smirked at me after he entered and I huffed.
"Are you going to murder me because Olive loves me more than you? I better call her so I at least have a witness if you succeed"I teased and he turned to me with an eye roll.
"I am not killing you yet. She loves me more, besides, I don't think it's ideal to be comparing a boyfriend and best friend's love. You can't tell her  anything about this, it is a surprise"I nodded at that and looked out through the window.
He stopped in front of the red traffic light and waited for it to turn green.
He started the car again and took an unfamiliar route. I wasn't scared of this or anything. I trust both of them so much.
He drove into an high class shop and looked for an empty spot to park in.
It was obvious from the name of the shop what he was planning to do.
"You are proposing to her, right?"I squealed and he nodded.
"Oh My God! It's finally happening! How am I going to keep my mouth shut on this great news? My best friend is getting married"I blurted out and he rubbed his neck nervously.
"She hasn't said yes yet"he mumbled and I smacked his arm.
"Both of you are idiots for always doubting each other's love. I am sure she wants this as much as you"I beamed and got out.
"Come on! We have got to pick the perfect ring for my girl"I shouted and headed to the entrance not bothering to see if he was coming.
We entered almost immediately and headed to the best jewelry shop in New York. "Welcome ma'am and sir to our jewelry shop. What would you like to purchase from us?"a cheery lady said after spotting us coming in.
"We are shopping for proposing ring"I said and she squealed.
"Are you guys getting married? You look so cute together"she squealed and I choked.
Ew!
"Nah! He is the husband and I am the FRIEND"the girl blushed embarrassed for getting the wrong idea.
"Sorry for the wrong assumption" I dismissed her knowing it was pointless to be mad at her.
"Show us your best special ring editions" Ian said and she gestured for us to follow her.
We headed to back and she brought forward some ruby box.
She opened them and I was awed by the design. They screamed money and looked so beautiful.
"Which one do you think she is going to like?"Ian talked to me and I examined them. "She wouldn't like something too flashy. We should look for one that screams simple and expensive. My friend doesn't deserve any less"I said without looking up from the rings.
One caught my eye and I picked it up.
It was a diamond ring and was really expensive. The pearls in the middle made it have that classy and simple look.
"This is perfect"I squealed and gave it to Ian to have a look.
He smiled and nodded at me. "We will take this"the lady took it from him and stared at it.
"Excellent choice! This is the first and last design"she said and I was wowed by that.
I can't wait to see it on her finger. I am really glad it's a limited edition.
Ian walked to the counter to pay for the ring while I kept looking at the rings.
I stared at my ring finger and back at the rings. Would love to wear one but that is totally impossible.
I don't have a boyfriend or crush not to talk of getting engaged.
"I already paid for it"Ian's voice came up and I got up from the plush sofa.

"When are you doing it?"I asked after we were settled in the car.
"I have a few ideas but do you know what her dream proposal is?" I grinned and nodded.
"She wants to be proposed to in the beach with her family and friends present. I think you should get her parents involved and I will get our friends involved. They can't be here physically but a Skype call works"I explained and I watched him nod. "I have the perfect plan. I really need you to not tell her anything"
"My mouth is sealed Ian. I wouldn't ruin my bestie's proposal. I can never do that to her"
"I know. I am just worried and nervous she is going to find out somehow"
"When are you planning on doing it?"
"Next week after meeting her parents"
"Amazing!"I squealed and he smiled.
"I am not interested in the Italian food again. I want Macdonalds"I told him and he shook his head.
"You are still a weirdo" I gasped at his statement and he really rolled his eyes at me. "Me? Weirdo? I am a pretty chill girl" I pouted as he drove into Macdonalds.
He parked in front of the drive through and I told the lady our orders.
"I can't drop you home so she wouldn't be suspicious"he said and I nodded agreeing with him.
"Drop me at the bus station"I said and bit into my cheeseburger.
I sipped my milkshake and hummed to the song playing.
By the time he got to the bus station, I was already done with my food.
I unstrapped the belt and turned to face him. "Keep her happy for the rest of your life or you would see my wrath"he chuckled but nodded after seeing my serious look.
"Adios amigo"I said with a smile and got out. I settled on the bench and waited for the bus to arrive.
^^^^^^^
"Why are you coming back now? Your shift ended hours ago"Olive said that to me immediately I unlocked the door with my keys.
"Can you believe who I met today?" I exclaimed trying to divert her attention from me coming late.
"A_"I shook my head with a sad smile and she sighed.
"The guy from the club, Seb. He also works in the restaurant"I added and she squealed.
I settled on the couch and she sat across me.
I removed my flats and wriggled my toenails.
"Really? That is such a wonderful coincidence. Some office romance, I like"she winked at me and I gave her a pointed look.
"We work in a restaurant" I grumbled and released my hair from the ponytail.
"OMG! You are not denying the fact that there is some kind of romantic vibes between you guys. Do you like him?"she asked and I massaged my temples.
"Like is a strong word. Besides, I have only met him twice"
"You liked HIM after seeing him once"she retorted and I groaned.
"Remind me why I told you that again"
"You love me"she grinned and I rolled my eyes at her.
"Nah! More like hate you" I glared at her and she pouted.
"On a more serious note, no haters?"she asked with a serious look and I wasn't surprised by her sudden change in reaction.
"None yet! They can't be avoided. I know how to put them in their place" I smirked and she mirrored my expression.
"You sure do" I smiled at her comment and got up.
"Should I warm the pasta I prepared?"she asked and I nodded.
"Have you eaten?"she shook her head no and I gave her a really look.
"I wasn't hungry, it's not like I was waiting for you or something. I_" I cut her off by pulling her into a hug.
"I love you so much"I sniffed and she patted my back awkwardly. Probably confused onto why I was acting this way. I am going to miss her so much. She is going to get married soon and move in with Ian. I will be all alone in this house so I will cherish  all moments I can get with her.
"You are being emotional which is unusual"she raised an eyebrow after I pulled away.
"I don't know why I am being like this. Don't get used to it" I pointed a finger at her and she stuck her tongue out at me childishly.
I shook my head at her and headed to my room.
Freshen Up! Eat! Sleep!
Sounds like the perfect plan!