Chapter 2

Marinette decided to call Adrien after school. She figured she wouldn't stutter as much talking to him over the phone.

She dialed and waited for him to pick up. Finally, after a while he answered.

"Hey Mari, what's up?" Adrien said cheerfully.

"Oh nothing much Adr-mine er," She jumped a little. "I mean Adrien. Could I ask you for our future" She facepalmed. "-I mean, my future, uh I mean a favor?" She clapped her hands together smiling.

"Sure, Marinette, you have helped me a lot in the past." Adrien smiled and looked over at Plagg who was looking at him smugly. Adrien ignored him. "What can I do for you?"

"You see, I wanted to ask for a date. Oh did I say that, haha?" She clears her throat. "Um, what I mean is to drive. Do you mind showing me how to drive?" She asked nervously.

Tikki was quietly giggling at the show Marinette was putting on, while calling Adrien. Marinette ignored her.

"Absolutely Marinette. It would be fun to go for a drive with a best friend." Adrien smiled again

"R-r-r-ight a very cu-er cool ride. Just two cool besties hitting the road hahahaha." Marinette laughed awkwardly.

"Can I pick you up around 7:00 p.m. this Friday?" Adrien asked.

"Yes and swing me around and around." Marinette said dreamily.

"What was that, Mari?" Adrien asked.

"Oh nothing, Adrien." Marinette dismissed her thought quickly.

"So it's a date then." Adrien stated slowly and grinned.

"Uh-uh-uh on the calendar-yes-a date on the calendar." Marinette answered brightly.

"If you say so, but you did ask me for a date." Adrien said smugly.

Marinette covered her phone, panicking.

"Tikki, what do I say? Now he thinks I asked him out on a date!" Marinette whisper-screamed.

"Well, you did Marinette." Tikki crossed her arms, pointing out the obvious.

Mari took a deep breath in and out. "Okay, I can do this. Wish me luck Tikki."

Tikki smiled and nodded, then giggled a little.

"Marinette? Marinette? Are you there?" Adrien called out.

"Yes, I'm here. A d-d-d-ate sounds good."

"Cool." Adrien said. "See you on Friday evening. Goodbye, Mari."

"See you then. Goodbye, radient, carefree, Adrien, the fragrance." Marinette covered her mouth hearing Adrien laughing on the other end.

Adrien stopped laughing. "Never change, Mari. Your humor makes you special. Uh, see ya! Adrien hangs up.

"Your crush on Marinette is more obvious then the big holes on Swiss cheese."

"Plagg, I don't know what you're taking about." Adrien gets up and walks to his window in his room.

Plagg rolls his eyes and throws his camembert at him.

"Plagg! What did you do that for?!" Adrien said angrily.

"You. Are. So. Blind!" Plagg said annoyed.

"Am not!" Adrien huffed.

"Are too!" Plagg retorted.

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Then why lover boy did you point out how Mari's humor is special? Hmmm?"

Adrien's cheeks dusted pink, he didn't answer, smiled, and shook his head. "Because she is, Plagg."

...

Marinette was fangirling with Alya on the phone.

"-And get this Alya, he called me special!" Marinette sighed dreamily.

"I am so proud of you, Mari!" Alya cheered.

"Uuuuugh! But now I feel like I don't know what to wear!" Marinette groaned.

"Leave that to me, girl." Alya promised.