Chapter 3

Marinette kept looking up at the clock during her last class. She felt like each time she looked, it ticked slower and slower.

Finally, the final bell rang. Marinette gathered her things and nearly tripped heading down the stairs in a rush.

It was Thursday evening after school.  The big day was coming up quickly.

Marinette paced up and down her room. She was writing down possible outfit combinations and muttering to herself.

A large pile of crumbled up paper was sitting beside her trash can, and Tikki was watching her.

"Marinette, calm down, it's just an outfit."

Marinette stopping pacing and looked at Tikki incredulously. She pointed to her.

"It's not JUST an outfit, Tikki. This outfit could make or break the date."

Tikki rolled her eyes and sighed, extending her arms out wide. "Marinette, you're exaggerating. Anything you wear will be fine." She gave a confident nod.

Marinette thought about this and then shook her head. She resumed pacing. "Alya will know exactly what to do."

20 minutes later

Alya looked at Marinette's outfit combinations.

"So, Alya, I've narrowed it down to two possibilities. A light gray skirt with a pale yellow off-shoulder flowy top, or dark blue jeans and a sky blue with white stripes T-shirt." She said, holding up the sketches of the designs.

"I love those ideas. But girl, here's my idea. I want you to create something new, something very Marinette-like." Alya explained, grinning.

"Uuuummm Alya, how do I do that?" Marinette asked.

"Trust your fashion designer instincts." Alya winked. "Now, let's see what you can do."

Even Alya and Tikki helped the design here and there.

Many hours later, Marinette had a soft pink top with a light brown hamster on it, jean shorts with an M stitched on the pockets, and light blue leggings.

"Try it on! Try it on!" Alya clapped her hands excitedly.

Marinette went to change into the outfit, and she stepped out.

"What do you think?" Mari asked, twirling in a circle.

Alya grinned. "It's very Marinette. But, it needs something."

Marinette frowned. "What else could I need?" She questioned.

Alya thought for a moment. "A new hairstyle, of course. I mean, don't get me wrong, your pigtails are great. But it wouldn't hurt to try something new."