sneakin out late

in this story scott and andrea are married and this is the first time travis has stayed w/ tay and her fam

travis' pov

We pulled up to Taylor's parents' house just as the sun was setting, the golden light casting a warm glow over the picturesque suburban neighborhood. It was the perfect backdrop for a relaxing weekend away from the chaos of our busy lives. I parked the car and glanced over at Taylor, who was smiling with that beautiful blend of excitement and nervousness she always had when taking me somewhere.

"Ready for a weekend with the Swifts?" I asked, squeezing her hand.

Taylor nodded, her eyes sparkling. "Yeah, it'll be nice to relax and spend some time with my family. And I've been dying to show you around here."

I smiled, leaning over to kiss her softly. "I can't wait."

We got out of the car, grabbing our bags from the trunk, and made our way up the walkway. The house was charming, with a cozy front porch and flowers blooming in the garden. Before we even reached the door, it swung open, revealing Taylor's mom with a welcoming smile.

"Taylor! Travis! It's so good to see you both!" she exclaimed, pulling Taylor into a warm hug before turning to me.

"It's great to see you too, Mrs. Swift," I said, hugging her back.

"Please, call me Andrea," she replied, giving me a pat on the back.

Taylor's dad appeared in the doorway next, offering a handshake and a friendly smile. "Glad you could make it, Travis. We've been looking forward to this."

"Me too, uh Scott. Thanks for having me," I said, shaking his hand firmly, hoping it was okay to use my dad's first name. 

"Come on in, you two," Andrea said, ushering us inside. "Dinner's almost ready."

We stepped into the house, the familiar warmth and comfort of a family home enveloping us. The smell of home-cooked food filled the air, making my stomach rumble. It had been a long drive, and I was starving.

taylors pov

Walking into my parents' house always felt like stepping into a different world, a place where everything was simpler and filled with love. I was thrilled to have Travis with me this time, to share this part of my life with him.

As we settled into the cozy living room, I couldn't help but feel a sense of peace wash over me. My parents had always been incredibly supportive and loving, and having them meet and spend time with Travis meant a lot to me.

"Make yourselves at home," my mom said, gesturing to the couch. "Dinner will be ready in about ten minutes."

Travis and I sat down, and I snuggled up next to him, feeling his arm wrap around my shoulders. My dad started asking Travis about his latest game, and soon they were deep in conversation about football, strategy, and everything in between. It was nice to see them bonding, and it made me even more excited for the weekend.

Before long, dinner was ready, and we all gathered around the table. My mom had made a delicious spread of roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans, with a fresh salad on the side. We dug in, the conversation flowing easily as we caught up and shared stories.

After dinner, we moved back to the living room for dessert and coffee. It was a perfect evening, filled with laughter and warmth. As the night wore on, I started to feel a bit tired, but I didn't want the night to end just yet.

travis' pov

Later that night, after Taylor's parents had gone to bed, we found ourselves alone in the living room. The house was quiet, and the soft glow of the moonlight filtered through the curtains, casting a serene ambiance over the room.