post-superbowl pt. 2

travis' pov

The roar of the crowd was deafening as the final whistle blew. We had done it. We had won the Super Bowl again. The scoreboard lit up with the final score: Chiefs 31, Ravens 24. I could hardly believe it. The culmination of months of grueling practices, hard-fought games, and sheer determination had led us to this moment. 

Our third superbowl win in a row, and once again I had the most perfect cheerleader. The thought reminded me to check my pocket and there it was, the ring. I had given it to coach Reid to hold onto during the game and had taken it back from him sneakily after our victory. 

I looked around at my teammates, their faces lit up with joy, their cheers mingling with the jubilant cries of our fans. We hugged, shouted, and celebrated, basking in the euphoria of our victory. But even amidst the chaos, my thoughts turned to Taylor.

I was so unbelievably lucky to have her, and I knew it. I needed her to know it too. And I had a plan. 

She was somewhere in the stands, watching, supporting, as she always did. My heart swelled with love and gratitude. I couldn't wait to see her, to share this incredible moment with her.

She had been by my side for the past two seasons and after her tour had ended, she followed me around the country, showing up for all of my games and practices. She had given almost the same amount of effort than the team itself, organizing after parties and bringing us her amazing food.

As the confetti rained down and the crowd continued to roar, I made my way towards the sidelines, scanning the sea of faces for the one person who meant more to me than anything else. And then I saw her, pushing her way through the throng of reporters and fans, her eyes locked on mine.

"Taylor!" I shouted, waving her over.

Her face lit up with a radiant smile, and she broke into a run, her hair streaming behind her like a golden banner. She reached me and threw her arms around my neck, pulling me into a tight hug.

I stepped backwards at the force of our collision, clutching her tightly to me, swinging her around. 

"You did it!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with pride and joy. "I'm so proud of you, Travis!"

"You did it Tay!" I added, clutching her impossibly closer, not caring that there were thousands of cameras and millions of eyes on us. "You've been there for me and this team the whole season, baby. You're just as much a part of this." 

She pulled back slightly, her eyes shining with unshed tears. "I love you so much," she said softly.

"I love you too," I replied, my voice choked with emotion. "More than words can say."

I leaned down and kissed her, pouring all my love and gratitude into that kiss. The world around us faded away, leaving just the two of us in that moment. I slipped my tongue into her mouth, feeling her soften and sigh into me and we made out passionately in front of the whole world. 

When we finally pulled apart, I took a deep breath, knowing that this was the perfect moment for what I had planned.

"Taylor," I said, taking her hands in mine. "There's something I need to ask you."

She looked at me, her eyes wide with curiosity and anticipation. We hadn't discussed marriage since last year, when I had asked her if she would want forever with me. "What is it, Travis?"

I took a deep breath, my heart pounding in my chest. "Taylor Swift, you are the love of my life, my deepest source of inspiration and I am endlessly amazed at the person you are. From the moment I first saw you rocking the stage in Kansas City, I knew you were special. God, I was so right. Thank you for taking a chance on me, you have stood by me through everything, always believing in me, always supporting me. I hope I can even do the same for you a fraction of the amount you care for me. Your love has made me a better man, and I can't imagine my life without you."