Chapter 10 - Depend on it

Arthur and his knights of the roundtable are having a serious discussion regarding the black knight . There were some chatters going around, wondering what could the king be talking about? Once King Arthur stands up from his chair, he begins to speak to them.

"My fellow knights of the round table hold, I bring dreadful news. The black knight himself who I remembered as a lad. Has returned, and he has declared war." King Arthur announces the awful news to the knights. Causing them to gasp with worry. "That can't be? He was banished years ago." One knight said. "Indeed, he took advantage of his mercy and almost murdered him." Another knight added. "He even tried to kill Digalot." Said another knight. "He dared attempt murder on a dog? Heartless fiend!" The knight said with an outrage.

Panic chattering started to go around with each of their ears. He raises his hand to silence them. "It is bad I know, to make matters worse, once he arrives in our kingdom. He will destroy those that lived here." He states.

"But what could we do?" One knight asks. "Yes your majesty, what do we do?" Another knight also asked. "Your majesty!" A guard barges in through the doors. "What is it?" Arthur asked. "It's the black knight, he's outside of the kingdom." The guard said. "He's already here with the army?" Arthur assumes. "No sir, at least not yet. He came alone, and he wants to speak with you alone. Man to man he says." The guard states.

Arthur is puzzled why would he come all alone just to speak with him? He thought it's obvious he may be here for one only thing he's after. But decided to test his fate and go speak to him before making assumptions. "Very well, if he wanted to speak. I won't decline." Arthur goes ahead to go talk to . Leaving the round table, knights filled with shocked looks on their faces. While the blonde figure is wearing a skeptical look.

The black knight outside taps his foot, waiting patiently for him. He jumped when the big doors suddenly opened. Revealing to be the king of Camelot himself. Mc. Nasty puts on a devilish grin, happy that he came. "Arthur." He greets. "Mc. Nasty, the famous black knight. I didn't think we would see each other eye to eye." Arthur replied with a look that he isn't glad to see him.

"And yet, here I am." Mc. Nasty presents himself. "Do you know why I am here?" He asked. "I can take an easy guess that this isn't about the war is it? It has to be more than that." Arthur said. "Then you know what I want? Something that should have been mine in the first place." The black knight motions his focus on the sword. Catching his look, he looked at his magical sword that he knows he is after. Excalibur.

"I thought you would, because I knew you were after it." Arthur said. "If you value your people's lives. You give me that sword and along with the mystic bone of scone. I assure you, this time that war will be different. I know a good king cares about his men and the people do they?" Mc. Nasty taunts him. Arthur is putting on his angry look while being unfazed by his words.

"I will be back, with an army. So you have until I return, hand over your kingdom. Or I will make things very nasty to everyone. Depend on it, king Arthur." He walks off while laughing along the way so that he could keep hearing it until his voice fades away as he's going far away into the distance. Arthur returns to the castle as the big doors behind him closes.

***
Arthur returns to the roundtable hold, pauses for a brief moment. "What did he want?" One knight asked. He stayed silent, then he gave a response. "He wants my sword, and the bone of scone. Or he will destroy our people if I don't comply." Arthur revealed what the black knight said. The knights started to panic with worry. "What are ya gonna do?" The knight wonders.

"There was one way left to do...I have to give the sword to him." Arthur said with regret. One blonde knight stands up in a haste. "Arthur, how can you say that? You can't just surrender to the nasties?" He says. "When there's a will, there's a way Lancelot. This sword possesses the secret that I only know." Arthur said as he began to walk away.