five

— Valeria walked into the club house, she decided to go for a swim and since her pool is well, under construction, she went to the public one for the day

She walked towards the snack bar, sitting down as she waited for a waiter she was worried about the debutante, she still hadn't decided a date, yet she secretly hoped Steven would agree.

"Why hello there Valkyrie." Steven called out, a platter of French fries and a milkshake. He smiled at the girl as she looked at the food and smiled.

"I didn't order yet." She teased as Steven chuckled.

"Didn't have to." He answered before turning around to his boss who told him he had a break now. He jumped over the counter and sat down.

Valeria snickered at the boy in the hair net as he looked confused before she pointed to his head making him realize he still had it on. He took it off, taking out his tips before placing them into his pocket.

"Well someone's making money." Valeria smiled at the boy who nodded, he took one of her fries as she drank her milkshake. "So tell me waiter, how much?"

"On the house." Steven shook his head at the girl who took out her wallet. She handed him a ten dollar bill as he raised his eyebrow at the girl.

"Tipping my waiter." She joked as he took the money and laughed. She spent the rest of his break laughing with her as they walked down the pool, dipping her legs into it as he sat down beside her.

"So, you got a date yet? For the debutante?" Steven asked the girl who shook her head. He smiled at her as she turned to face him.

"Why you interested?" She flirted as he chuckled.

"Maybe I am Ms Monroe." Steven winked at the girl as her cheeks went red. They were soon interrupted by Jeremiah.

"Valeria, Steven hey what's up guys?" He sat down beside Steven, that's when Valeria looked at the time and realized she was in fact late to her deb meeting.

"Oh fuck I gotta go wear my dress. Uh, it was nice seeing you Steven, bye Jeremiah-!" She quickly grabbed her bag and walked towards the bathroom to change.

"Dude, you gotta be careful with her." Jeremiah said to Steven who raised his eyebrow at him.

"She's nice." He groaned at the boy who rolled his eyes.

"Listen, a few summers back me and her had a thing, you know that girl I was with a lot, yeah that was her. And trust me, she's trouble." Jeremiah warned as Steven watched her walk towards the deb tea party.

He knew about her past, how she slept with probably ever man in cousins but he didn't care.

The thing about hookups is that they mean nothing, but Steven could feel a spark, she felt different with him than most described.

"Just don't get sucked in, being an escort would ruin your summer." He warned before turning back to Stevens boss who walked towards him.

"Yo Steven-!" His boss called out. "We need extra hands at the deb tea. Pays double cmon."

Steven took one worried glance at Jeremiah before handing him his drink and then asking off.

If only he knew that Jeremiah still liked her, that when she was found with Steven that day, inches apart, his heart ached.

How could he just let her go so easily?

One thing for sure, he wasn't going to give her up without a fight. Even if it was against his best friend.