Close Enough

The window rolled down. His expression changes. His eyes softened. He suck his cheek. It's clear. "May I ask why are you following us?" He bend down and rest his arms on the window. "I'm not following you." I laugh and run my fingers in my hair. It's getting hot.

I tie my hair up in a ponytail. He's still there. His gaze land on my neck. He was okay till now but, a bead of sweat appeared on his forhead. "Where are you going then?" Too bad I don't know what's ahead of me. I don't even know this place. "None of your business." I've been saying these four words so often i don't even remember saying them.

"Yeah, right. You can leave now." Did he recognize me or not? He straighten and gesture me to leave. I can't to further. I'm unknown to this place. I'm out of my mind. I smile and close the window. I take a deep breathe. "Thank God." I mutter. I'm so bad at this. I just go straight. He's coming behind me.

"What di I do?" I scratch my head and see a park outside. Park is a great idea. I park the car and get out. I can ask people the way back. I just need to get away from him. He stop. I go and get seated on the bench. It's good to be near greenery. I'm feeling relaxed.

He left. I scoff. "Shall I just leave?" I question myself. "Let's stay for a minute." Kids were playing around and it's a good sight. I'd love to go to parks they are totally my type. A kid come running to me. "Unni, an uncle asked me to give it to you." The kid hand out a pink rose. It's so cute. I look around.

"Thank you, Where's the uncle?" I pat his head. He giggle "He left." A woman I assume is his mother call him. I greet her from far and he run to her. I've always had an ordinary life but I never had an ordinary mother.

"Umma, I want that doll, please." I look up at my mother with teary eyes. She run her hand on my hair and nod. I giggle thinking she'll buy it for me. "Excuse me, how much this cost?" She ask the shopkeeper. "It's 5,000 won." She look down at me giggling, pulling her dress.

"Do you know how much this cost?" She ask with her eyes widened. I'm just smiling at her. Thinking she'll just buy it. "It's 5,000 won." She tell me. "Can you buy me a cheap one, please?" I pull her frock harder. "You can live without a fucking doll." She drag me away.

I know it's not wrong if a mother refuses to buy her daughter a doll. But, my mother, she had million of wons in her wallet. All the time. She never once cared. Its not just the doll. She's never cared about me. She always act.

I was sitting, spitting at my fucked up life. Shit. Someone's watching me. I turn and an unknown figure is behind the tree looking at me. I take a deep breath and run q hand in my hair. "Umma." I mutter and walk towards the man. He get behind the tree and when I turned to look behind it there was no one.

The hair on my neck stood up. "Get out of here." My inner gut tells me. I run to my car and reach home after asking a fee people around. I was keeping an eye but no one is following me. 

I need more. More information. For that, I need to get close to him. I have min ji's address. I'll just go there and ask them for a job. I just lie down. I can't get over the fact that someone was following me.

I sleep. Next morning I wake up and leave the place and reach min-ji's place in a taxi. It was a really bad experience. I've a lot of cars. But, I'm so poor for them. "Hwaiting." I wish good luck to myself and knock at the door.

Some lady open the door. It's probably a housekeeper. I mean this is a mansion why would a lady come to open the door. "May I come in? I need to talk to the lady." I tell her. "Yeah, sure." She takes me in. "I'll call the lady." She left me in a big room. It's not new for me but I have to keep my act together.

I look around. Amused. "Wow." I mutter. Someone double tap me on my back. I turn and it's the lady. She's pretty. She doesn't look like her daughter go to a university. "Hello." I greet her with a smile. "Hello, do I know you?" She take a good look on my face. "No."

I just can't say yes. "Why are you here?" She ask. Ofcourse she should. "A friend of mine told me that you're looking for a housemaid," Yes, no friend told me that. "My mother's sick and my dad passed away when I was 9. I need.." I sob. A tear slipped down "money for my mom's surgery. I'm in so much trouble." She's standing there. CONSOLE ME, BITCH! my inner self yell.

"I understand your situation, dear." Yes, keep going. Keep me here. I'll work nicely. Please. "But, we're not looking for a housekeeper. You must've mixed the address." BICHEOSEO?! I yell. In my head ofc. "We're looking for a driver." A driver. It can work. "I can drive. I'm going through a hard time. Please let me prove myself."

I've never been this innocent before. Never. "My daughter's Bodyguard will be back soon. He'll take your driving test." She pat on my shoulder. "Thank you. Thank you so much." I can be an Actor. For real. I've got both the skills and looks.

"Take a seat till then." She gesture at the chair. "Thank you." I sit down. After 10 minutes a large figure gets in. He stop for a split second after seeing me and then move forward. "I'm back, ma'am." He greet the lady. "Can I ask who's she?" He points at me. "She's here for a driving test. Check her." She's way too rude to him than me.

He's probably dating her. What's more sad is I've read twisted games. "Let's go."  He gesture me to get out as I do je follows me out. "Let me introduce myself, I'm choi woo-jin. That's all you need to know." He's rude. Way too much. "I'm lee yea-ji. That's all you need to know." I mock him. I can't laugh the lady is looking.

I get in the driver's seat and he sit beside me. "You're here for something not so good. You were following us the other day and was being chased by thugs. I don't think keeping you is safe." He turn to me.

"You remember me?" I say confusingly. "My memory is really good." He lean back on the chair and wear a seat belt. "I'm not gonna approve you. Even if you're good." He smile. "The lady's keeping an eye." I say with a smirk. 

I drive. Really good. I've always been a good driver. I get in. Woo-jin follow me inside. "What do you think?" The lady ask sipping her coffee. "She's good."