✴︎ 41. Hot and Cold 1/2

You're up then you're down

You're wrong when it's right

Deuce, Ace, Grim and Yuu were huddled together by the botanical garden, distressed painted all their faces as they spoke in hushed tones, catching the attention of a certain Savanaclaw second year.

"Huh? What are you guys up to this time?" Ruggie chuckled, approaching his group of freshmen, his blue eyes widening in surrise and fear when all four heads snapped in his direction, even though he was the one who beckoned them.

"Ruggie! Great timing!" Ace smiled, though anyone could see the underlying nervousness, that already set off some warning signs in Ruggie's head, putting a hand on his hip as examined them carefully. "Hold it buddy, what the hell did you guys do?" Ruggie stopped Ace from talking any longer, making the ginger shrink back a bit.

"...uhmmm, have you by any chance seen Velvette?" Deuce asked, trying to seem normal and cool about the situation when in fact he is very fucked, Ruggie raised an eyebrow but shook his head, he wasn't particularly looking for you. "Nah,"

"Good." Yuu sighed out, the prospect of anyone seeing and interacting with you seemed like a nightmare today, "What? Is she like mega pissed?" Ruggie questioned, all of the first years shook their heads, "Is it shark week?" Ruggie asked, he knew it was normal to be a bit moody around this time, but to his surprise, they still shook their heads.

"It's more like... the polar opposite..." Ace looked to the side, Deuce and Yuu following that action to avoid whatever Ruggie might do, whether it be laugh his ass off or sympathize. "These two idiots dumped a potion on Velvette and now she's..." Grim started to explain but trailed off, the cat's jaw was on the floor, looking past Ruggie and something else.

Soon, the other four followed suit, they were looking at something, something terrible, traumatizing even, Ruggie guessed, but he would never find out! Unless he looked at what they were looking. Ruggie turned his head around and—

Ruggie wanted to unsee it all.

The hyena male saw you, but you were so... boring. Your hair didn't have that distinctive curl and style to it, it was just... Flat-. Not straight. Flat. Like your hair was rammed into a hair straightener. Your eyes seemed to be enlarged and there were... sparkles? Highlights?

Ruggie didn't know what to call them but there was this super shiny look in your eyes, it looked so... artificial. Your hair was saturated to look more pink than its usual pink red color, you were wearing your blazer too! Not around your waist but on you! Not to mention the tie that was wrapped around your neck properly.

It hurt his eyes to look at you. You were so... not you..? You seemed sweet and soft! Yuck.

You were talking to another student, he has a brunette, his hair styled as a jellyfish cut but at the top two big and fluffy serval ears sat on his head, the male adorned a purple vest symbolizing his position as Pomefiore student. The poor boy only looked at you nervously as you seemed to be... complimenting him? His facial expression showed nervousness and confusion, you could see him thinking that this was all a joke.

Then the Pomefiore student noticed all of your friend's appalled faces, giving them a desperate glare, squaring his shoulders as Ace and Yuu did a big 'X' with their arms, but your eyes flickered as you noticed that the boy you were talking to wasn't paying attention, craning your head to face the other way as well, making everybody flinch.