𝟬𝟱. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀.

Perspective of Aelyssa.

When the servant opened the door to the princes' room, she found it dark. Aemond was in his crib, Helaena was lying on her bed. What she didn't know was that I was hiding under Helaena's bed, covering my mouth to suppress laughter. I watched her feet retreat as she closed the door with a squeak and we waited a few minutes to make sure she was gone before bursting into laughter together.

Aemond sat up and climbed out of his crib as I had taught him. Helaena got up to relight the candles and I made my way back to the carpet to resume playing and chatting with them.

I touched the braids my cousin had done for me. They were beautiful and I asked her to teach me. So, I practiced a bit with her hair. Aemond continued playing with his wooden dragons until I began to wish to go to the infamous wedding, even if just for a moment.

When I expressed my desire, Helaena widened her eyes and shook her head, insisting it would be a bad idea. But Aemond, on the other hand, was curious and eagerly agreed.

"I won't go; we'll get into trouble" My cousin warned but I gave her a playful smile.

"It'll just be a quick look, and then we'll leave" I assured her and Aemond approached to take my hand, pulling me toward the door as he spoke with a grin.

"I want to go too, let's go!" At his words, I smiled at him and nodded in agreement. When I glanced at my cousin again, she sighed, assuring us she would stay in the room but wouldn't stop us from going, so Aemond and I went on an adventure.

I just wanted to get a little closer. I had never seen this Princess Rhaenyra everyone was talking about but I'd heard she was beautiful and had been named the heir of the Iron Throne . I was excited to meet the future rulers of Westeros after my uncle. Just catching a glimpse of her from afar would be enough for me.

We walked through the halls with holding hands . We noticed there weren't many people around; obviously, everyone was at the party. As we descended the stairs, getting closer and closer to the main floor, we began to hear the sounds of drums forming tunes, the noise of dancing, and the multiple voices of all the attendees.

We passed by maids rushing back and forth without even noticing the small children passing by their side. They were so engrossed in their own affairs that they ignored us, which amused me. For once, we weren't the center of attention.

Aemond laughed too and I felt his hand squeeze mine as we made our way through the halls. As we approached, a man emerged from the huge door of ornamented wood that supposedly led to the celebration, clearly furious.

He began striding toward us as some men followed to calm him down. He was an older gentleman with a beard and graying hair, wearing what appeared to be bronze-colored armor. Aemond halted our steps as the man approached and I listened as those trying to reassure him down spoke to him.

"Ser Gerold, please calm down. Don't let the prince's words provoke you" They said. 

"How do you expect me to be calm?! That scoundrel has killed my cousin, and no one thinks to bring him to justice!" He shouts, barely containing himself. My eyes widen with fear, not knowing what to do. All I can feel is Aemond squeezing my hand tighter. It seems he's frightened by the adult's outburst too. Then, I hear the other men insist on calming him down. What could have happened to make him so furious at the party? He spoke of a murder. 

Could it be true?

"We understand your anger, Ser but now is not the time for accusations. Unfortunately, the king is his brother and protects him. Besides, there's no solid evidence that Lady Rhea was murdered. Accusing him in such a manner could backfire on us."