𝟭𝟳. 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗮 𝘁𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁.

Pespective of Aelyssa. 

My cheeks ache from laughing so much on the floor without stopping. Although my attempt to greet Aemond by throwing myself at him turned out to be a more amusing experience than expected, in hindsight, it wasn't a good idea.

I watch as Aemond laughs like I've never seen him laugh before. My gaze shifts to Laenor, who can barely contain his amusement at what he's just witnessed, while the nanny, bewildered, only adds to the comedic scene.

With effort and still breathing heavily, my stomach sore from our uncontrollable laughter, we manage to stand up. I don't need to say anything to Aemond as I reach out my arms to hug him, both of us still laughing. He returns the hug, and we stay like that for a moment. The nanny frowns and seems about to intervene, but a cautionary look from Ser Laenor stops her. She can't interfere thanks to her position as the heiress's husband.

"You're here" he murmurs against my shoulder as we embrace, as if he still can't believe it. I run a hand through his hair, as soft as I remembered.

"I told you I'd come when you least expected it to torment you."

"You smell as always... like a flower" he adds after pressing his nose to my neck and inhaling my scent. Though it's an innocent gesture on his part, suddenly I feel uneasy and gently push him away. He looks at me confused, as if afraid he's done something wrong.

"What's wrong, Lyssa?"

"Nothing, you just tickled me" I reply, laughing. It was true; it was just a tickle I felt when he approached my neck, but I couldn't help feeling nervous and wondered why.

"So I smell like a flower... do you know exactly which flower?" I change the subject, teasing him. I see Aemond put a finger to his chin and look down, thoughtful. I'm surprised he noticed the scent of the lotion I use. Ever since I can remember, Sissel used to buy a violet flower oil from the city market stalls for me. She said I should apply it to some parts of my skin to smell really good, and I still use it. I asked my father for it because it's the only scent I like; it's already a part of me.

So far, I never imagined anyone would actually notice, much less Aemond. The boy in front of me shrugs and shakes his head resignedly.

"I don't know... roses?"

"Mmm." I puff my cheeks and shake my head with a hum. "They're violets."

"Violets?... Then... I really like violets now." Aemond asserts with a broad smile on his face. He probably doesn't know violets; I doubt he knows much about flowers being so young, but he says it with such sincerity that I feel a warm glow in my chest. It was because of me.

"How long will you stay? How did you come? Do you not live in Essos anymore? Is your father here? Will you come back to live here?" Aemond bombards me with questions, his eyes wide with anticipation. I sigh at his intensity. There was much to talk about, and I also wanted to see Helaena, Harwin, Rhaenyra, and Esther, my dear former nanny. I really looked forward to seeing her again.

My eyes turn to Laenor, and he nods, understanding.

"The tournament hasn't started yet... you can talk quietly for now" he murmurs with a smile. My eyes shine with gratitude. He was just so kind.

Aemond, on the other hand, looks a bit uncertain, as if unsure how to proceed, and glances between us. The nanny dares to step forward, clearly disagreeing with Ser Laenor, and stammers in fear.

"Ex-excuse me, Ser Laenor... but... the queen asked me to look after Prince Aemond... and... I doubt that..."

"Don't worry. Prince Aemond only wishes to talk with his cousin" Velaryon assures her in a soft, natural tone. The woman grimaces in confusion; she seems not to know who I am.