Chapter One

The journey for Ever and her dog named bubbles, was long and tiring. When she had the chance, she found a spot to rest for a day or two, then started their journey again.

On her fourth day of travel, she stumbled upon a sign that read "Welcome To Smallville" 'as if that was really a place' she thought to herself as she looked for a nearby hotel.

The hotel looked new from the outside. Ever walked inside with her dog and luggage, she approached the counter and tried to grasp the desk clerk's attention. "Excuse me, I'd like to book a room please" she said as nicely as she could. The clerk sighed and placed his local newspaper down in a rude manner. "Yeah, yeah, whatever, how long will you be staying?" Ever fought the urge to retort back with the same amount of disrespect. But her better judgement swayed her otherwise. "Um I don't know yet, maybe a week or two, maybe longer" she said in an awkward tone as she eyed the blued eyed man behind the desk. The man looked up from the entry book and his brow furrowed once he saw me. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, I'm just filling in for a friend, who is currently on a lunch date and I was supposed to leave an hour ago" Ever stifled a soft laugh, feeling both empathy and amusement for the guy.

He stood up from the chair he was sitting on and grabbed a key from the hook. "Alright, I can put you in room 3B, it has the best view of smallville" she nodded and exhaled softly, still confused about the sudden trip to a make believe world. The young man handed her the key and smiled a perfect smile. "Enjoy your stay-" he trailed off, curious about her name. Ever handed him cash for the lengthy stay and said "my name is Ever Simmons" The guy nodded and took the cash. He extended out a hand for her to shake. As their hands connected in a normal mundane handshake he said "welcome to Smallville, I'm Clark Kent by the way" the spark lingered as they kept shaking hands. Ever blushed and ignored the sudden feeling.

Ever held in her gasp as it finally dawned on her who he was, she slowly shook his hand and said "it's nice to meet you Clark" then she let go of his hand and headed to her hotel room with bubbles. Once they were settled in, she took out her phone and tried to call her best friend. But to her dismay the number no longer existed, she was stuck in another world and had no way of getting home.

After a long hot shower, she changed to a pair of clean night wear and climbed into bed, too tired to eat anything, bubbles chowed on her food as Ever dosed off into a peaceful slumber, hoping that all of this was just a dream.

Ever's Pov,

I stirred to a half awaken state as a knocking sound echoed from outside my hotel room door. My heart sank as the realization hit me hard, this was no dream, I was really stuck in a world where superman really existed, long with countless other superheroes and villains.

The knocking continued, causing me to groan with irritation. 'Who the hell knocks on a door at 3am in the morning' I thought to myself as I fumbled my way out of the bed and to the door. I let out a soft yelp when I almost tripped over one of bubbles toys. I let out another groan as I opened the door, still slightly bent over holding my foot.

The sound of a deep husky voice took me out of my current state "I didn't think you we're awake" the man said as I stood upright and gave the person my undivided attention. My eyes went wide as I saw it was in the infamous Clark Kent aka Kal-El. I stammered out a quick "um hello" then shut my mouth. My eyes raked over his tall frame from his toes all the way to his face. He didn't know that I knew who he was thankfully. "What can I do for you at 3am in the morning?" I said in a cranky manner, I leaned against the door with my arms crossed on my chest, my head tilted slightly.

I shivered from the sudden chill I got from the cool wind. "I came to see if you wanted some pizza, we couldn't finish it all" the pizza box in his hand had my stomach growling from the savory aroma. I took the box and set it on the table near the door. "Thanks for the pizza" I stood awkwardly and awaited his leave. "Well enjoy the remainder of your morning" I nodded and fought back the tears that threatened to fall down my face. I wanted to reveal my secret so much that it angered me to an extent. I watched him superspeed his way to the front office and slammed the door shut. I grabbed the pizza box and walked over to the bed, I plopped down and began munching on the greasy goodness until I was full enough for the morning.