Reward yourself with deadlines

I'm sure it sounds crazy and isn't as you think it is and that it is pretty crazy and the name doesn't match and i know you're probably thinking "How is a deadline considered a reward?" With the thought of closing this and not reading anymore and you also think that this book is me bluffing and trying to get recognition for my work, but if you take all these thoughts off the table and think clearly and straight, you will find that if you're a last minute person, for you a deadline IS the perfect reward, isn't it? For example, you write and want to enter a writing contest, you had a year to write in and you worked 1 day and stopped for 10, now i know you don't want math and you're not reading this for it, but if you work 1 day and stop for 10, and it's a stable proportion all year till the contest then you have worked 3 days/month approximately and if you work 3 days/month it means that you have worked 36 days/year which almost equals a month and a week, right? Now this is just an example, sometimes there will come by a whole month that you might and might not work in so the probability of you finishing your work might and might not happen by the end of the year which affects the probability of you getting into the contest, and even if you managed to get in the contest, i'm afraid you stand no chance at winning. Because let's be realistic over here, if only a hundred are in the contest then there is a probability that at least 2 people out of the hundred worked harder than you and saying you only worked for 36-40 days/year, then you really don't stand a chance. Some of you maybe more than a half will think i'm just disappointing you and taking away your last bits of hope and faith. But you're absolutely wrong i'm just proving the theory that i have. I'll tell you what would happen if you had a year till the contest's deadline but you had 6 months till your own deadline, you'll work harder, you'll work more, you'll be done in 6 months and you'll have six months to edit your book and and read it and change any mistakes and get into the contest before the deadline and you'll be stressed about nothing, and there's a good chance the judge would read it before the others because it came in early, and there's a good chance your writings will impress him and will win at least the third place. So, some of you are now convinced that deadlines are rewards and some of you don't, but you can try it and you've got nothing to lose, have you?