Crossing Paths Part II

Previously on, Nexus Legion Alpha Realms

After being sent into a mysterious by portals. Link, Hibiki, Ruby, Dan, Drago, and Bloom venture to the city to find answers to their arrival. Although both have parted ways, each of them has managed to witness the potential others have whether it be their skill in battle, their coordination with one another, or even...the ability to become something more than meets the eye.

Like now

}{}{}{}{}{}{

Link guard was on high alert at that very moment, just seconds earlier he was staring down a truck he believed to be alive, and now it was standing before him as a ROBOT! Although he called his guess, it was at the cost of being at the WORST disadvantage ever in the form of a giant cannon AIMED AT HIM. He didn't mind, he wasn't even afraid. He has fought others like this one before he can do it again!

The barrel of the gun began to glow. It was charging up an attack. Link firmly held his sword and shield.

The air grew tender as the light got brighter and the charging got louder. He won't be going down like this! Not now! NOT EVER!

He. Will! WIN-

*BANG*

The gun fired...

And the energy bullet...

MISSED Link and HIT something behind him.

Link turned around and to his shock, a monster lay with a smoking stomach where the bullet hit.

The robot wasn't aiming for him...it was aiming for the monster trying to get the jump at home...it saved him.

"That's the last of them." A voice spoke from behind the elf man, prompting him to turn to the robot as it lowered its gun. "We should be safe for the time being."

Link was still a little on edge and kept on holding his sword but the robot gestured him to stop.

"Don't worry Young Link. I mean you no harm." Its answer surprised Link...

H-How did he-

"Remember how I unceremoniously came out of the portal and crashed into the sanctum we were in hours ago?"

That question made his head click. Ah right, he and the others introduced themselves to one another while the robot was still a truck, of course it would've listened in.

Seeing the face Link made satisfied the robot but it didn't stop there as he noticed the clear sign that the elf-man wasn't letting down his guard. "I can tell that you don't trust me still, but believe me as I say I do not mean harm to you."

The robot puts away its gun and its mouth-plate soon slides down revealing its actual mouth.

"My name is Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots. I have fought for my homeworld, Cybertron, for many years. I know this situation is very confusing for us, you aren't the only one, and I understand you prefer working alone but if we are going to get through this we have to trust each other. Although we just met, I swear on my spark that I will never turn against you and that is a promise I am willing to keep."

When the robot- Optimus, introduced himself and gave him the promise to trust him, Link was...reluctant. Yes, he had met a few robots in his life but he was different, not to mention he had his fair share of being told by others that they too were trustworthy only for him to end up getting backstabbed. At the same time, he had a point. Solo or not, if he is going to find an answer, he's going to need some help. And so he gave the robot one nod. "Okay."