Chapter 3

(Abandoned Fog City)

Edinburgh, Sheffield and Akashi are sitting in an abandoned lounging room on a tower overlooking what's left of the city.

Sheffield comes back after doing some reconnaissance.

Edinburgh: Sheffy, welcome back, what is the situation?

Sheffield picks up a cup of freshly brewed tea and drinks a little.

Sheffield: Not good, they know we are here and have surrounded the island, thankfully Azur Lane is aware of this.

Akashi: I seriously don't know what it is, I need my tools to see what it is

Sheffield: I am seriously questioning if we give her back, she is of no use

Akashi: No! Don't take me back, they will kill me, dead cat tell no tails.

Hannover: She is right

All three of them swing around and point their weapons towards Hannover...

(Hannover POV)

I put up my hands to show I mean no harm.

ME: Relax, I'm not with them. It was easy to find you three.

Sheffield: How?

I deadpanned.

Me: I followed you; those clowns just like to take things slow, but we can't stay here for long though, Iron Blood girls are still combing through the city. You got a plan?

Sheffield: Not entirely, although a distraction is what we need to get away.

Me: Well, you are in luck, look outside.

Edinburgh, Sheffield and Akashi look out a broken window. Out in the fog lays a ghostly shape...

Over on the Sakura Empire side, the fleet is standing by for either Zuikaku's planes spot them, or Iron Blood engages them.

As time moves on, Shokaku sees an object lurking in the fog. As she looks closer, it disappeared

Shokaku: Hey girls, you see something?

The others stop their conversations and look out into the fog but can see nothing.

Ayanami: There!

The other look to where Ayanami is pointing at, and a flash of light shows the silhouette of the vessel.

Atago: DOWN!

The sea explodes into the air as shells rain down onto the battleship they are on. All of the kansen duck down as shells fly where they would have stood. An explosion rocks the fuso class battleship.

Yamashiro: OWWWWW!!!

The shells stop firing and the ship disappears back into the fog...

Over at Iron Blood, they are looking over the little skirmish.

Z1: Man, they got pounced on.

Prinz Eugen: Z1, keep an eye on the city, let the Empire handle the traitor, we have to locate the spies and their hostage.

The others nod their head and continue scouting the city.

(3rd POV)

Azur Lane has now gotten into the fog

A couple of kansen look over a screen on a tablet of the city

Oklahoma: Man, there are a lot of buildings on such a small island. Did it use to hold a lot of humans?

Repulse: As if we don't have enough enemies. Now we are fighting against each other... It's a waste.

Suffolk: Thats horrible...