New beginnings

After living in the sewer for a few days, a man came up to me. He asked inquisitively, "Would you like to become a police officer. I heard the paychecks getting bigger after the fog incident."

At that point, the fog had cleared, "Ok," I said.
"Great, see you tommorrow." He put a badge on my shirt. I started going around town the next day trying to kill any crazy cultists. As I was doing this, I came across a news station on tv at a downtown bar stating that cultists are allowed to be denied service at any public space.

Then I went to an ice cream parlor for a treat. The man looked suspiciously at me at the counter, "You cant eat here."

"What? I am an officer, dingbat! You know what, I will close down this shop for unsanitary practices if deny me service.
He gave up, "Fine, what do ya want?"

After getting ice cream, I saw a man on the street with a box of icecream in his hand. I asked, "Buster why is there a box of ice cream in your hand."
He answered, "Im gonna resell it for a high price."

"Not cool buddy."
He grinned, "Ill pay you if you keep your mouth shut!"
"K"

Now I had a lot of money. I mewed down the street and  edged my way to the house store to buy another house.
"Yo I need a house." I said. Then the house store caught fire. I realized one of my kids had started it.
I went over, snatched a metal pipe off the ceiling, and beat them with it. Soon they bit me and I hit them with it hard enough they passed out.

The chief police officer promoted me that day. I was ahead of the league and full of joy, but hopefully the demonic children situation would turn out well in the end.