The Unwanted Twin (Eli)

Elizabeth Gilbert was born into a world of secrets and shadows, her life forever intertwined with the darkness that lurked beneath the surface of her seemingly idyllic existence

Elizabeth Gilbert was born into a world of secrets and shadows, her life forever intertwined with the darkness that lurked beneath the surface of her seemingly idyllic existence. From the moment she took her first breath, Elizabeth was destined to walk a path fraught with danger and uncertainty.

Growing up in Mystic Falls, Elizabeth was the mirror image of her twin sister, Elena Gilbert, yet their lives could not have been more different. While Elena was beloved by all, Elizabeth was often overshadowed, her own struggles and desires pushed aside in favor of her sister's needs.

It wasn't until Elizabeth's parents discovered her unique abilities as a siphoner that her true identity began to emerge. With the power to absorb and wield magical energy, Elizabeth found herself caught between two worlds—the world of the supernatural and the world of ordinary humans.

As she grew older, Elizabeth forged a bond with her cousin /thought to be younger brother Jeremy, the two of them becoming each other's staunchest allies in a family torn apart by secrets and lies. Together, they navigated the treacherous waters of adolescence, their friendship blossoming into something deeper as they shared the burden of caring for their troubled family.

But it was Elizabeth's friendship turned lovers with Caroline Forbes that truly set her on a path of self-discovery. With Caroline by her side, Elizabeth found the courage to embrace her true self, unapologetically exploring her desires and passions in a world that sought to keep her hidden away.

At the age of seventeen, Elizabeth's world was turned upside down when the Salvatore brothers arrived in Mystic Falls, revealing the existence of vampires and the dark forces that threatened to tear their town apart. As she grappled with the revelation of her sister's destiny—a curse that demanded Elena be sacrificed—Elizabeth found herself drawn deeper into the supernatural world, her own fate inexorably linked to that of her sister's.

But it was Katherine Pierce, the doppelganger of Elena, who sealed Elizabeth's fate, turning her and Caroline into vampires in a cruel twist of fate. And as the prologue comes to a close, Elizabeth and Elena find themselves kidnapped, their lives hanging in the balance as they are thrust into a world of darkness and despair.