𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖗 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖊

CHAPTER 2:SCAR ON THE FACE(3x7: identity)

CHAPTER 2:
SCAR ON THE FACE
(3x7: identity)

▣▣▣▣▣▣

        THEO WAS CURRENTLY STANDING ON her black leather office chair in front of her bookshelf, adjusting the string of white stars she bought with Grace as a part of her office decoration the other day. She was nearly finished with the setup, most of the furniture was already in place. A beige couch under the window looking at the corridor outside, in front of it stood a glass coffee table on a soft white rug Grace chose; opposite to these were her huge mahogany desk full with both personal and work related items, the bookshelves filled with photos, gifts from their travels, plants and books she valued. Beside the couch was an antic lamp, in front of it stood an armchair matching the material of the couch. The opposite corner became the home of Bromeliads on a small white table, where the only window of the room let them enjoy some natural lights.

        "Oh, you won't win against me," Theo muttered to the end of the string she was trying to knot around the nail. It'd fallen down 3 times already, once causing her to almost end up on the floor herself too, because she lost her balance and the chair rolled over with her by an inch. Fortunately, the bookshelf appeared to be steady enough not to tumble with her as she grabbed a hold of it with the tip of her fingers.

        "Speaking to a bookshelf? That's a whole new level of crazy," came the voice from the door, and Theo almost fell down once again as she winced, then looked back over her shoulder.

        "Jeez, you scared me," she sighed, holding onto the bookshelf with the tip of her fingers turned white from the effort of steadying herself.

        "Why exactly are you doing this alone?" Rossi asked as he stepped into the room and walked up to Theo.

        "It's just a string of stars. Shouldn't be that hard to put up. It's just that this thing is made from nylon and it always loosens up," she gritted her teeth as she undid the knot on the string, then pushed it away from herself angrily.

        "I'm sure the doctor in the hospital will be pleased to hear that when you arrive with a broken arm or leg," Rossi scoffed as he came to a halt beside her, then folded his left arm around her thighs, making sure that she wouldn't fall down. Theo looked down at him with pursed lips, and Rossi stared up at the bookshelf with a thoughtful expression. "Have you thought about using scotch tape?" he questioned, and Theo bit her lip as she mentally facepalmed herself for not thinking about that before.

        "I have a roll in the first drawer." She pointed at her desk, and while Rossi still held his left arm around her, with his free hand he got the tape from the drawer and handed it to her. Theo turned back to the shelf and caught the end of the string again, then tore a small piece from the tape, placed it onto the string, then pressed the whole thing onto the wooden surface. It stayed there. Damn. "Stop smirking, Dave," she muttered with a small smile on her lips, feeling his eyes on her as she admired her work.