「 Chapter 12」: Late At Night.

Had a couple of mind blocks writing this one.

Sobs. :(

________________________________________

Rolling his eye in annoyance, approaching the table to grab a beaker. He generally wouldn't experiment anymore, his medical expertise is the closest to biology, not chemistry. As he just went off to the laboratory again. Subspace just left his house to get some chemicals with some material, which he got the bux from Medkit.

"Wonder why." Medkit simply sighed after staring at the empty beaker and headed off to Subspace's living room. With the scientist still not home with him. He stared blankly into the clock framed on the table, marking eleven past eight, it's midnight. Why is he still out, the medic thought.

Below that analog clock, he saw picture, it was poorly framed though. Him and Subspace, the date was 3 years back then. Marked on the frame, Subspace was smiling, beside Medkit who just stared at the camera, he remembered arguing with him after taking that picture. Someone in the background, though.

Then he remembered, that navy-black mercenary, Subspace's co-worker, he has something of the name, Hyper, perhaps. Medkit didn't know what part of Blackrock's region he resides in, but that's out of thought. Waiting for Subspace to get his stuff, well he'l became impatient and wanted to see him sooner  But, why would he care about his scientist.

What? He did not want to ever thought of that, perhaps. The sound of glass falling, unlocking the door accompanied by the snowing cold ambient outside. "Haii!!" Subspace grinned underneath his mask, taking off it. And going to the laboratory with the medic. He just followed Subspace, complete with his usual frown.

"You know it's midnight..." Medkit stared with slight concern towards the scientist who's placing the glasswares. "Wanna pull an all-nighter??" He asked to the medic cheerfully. Well, he didn't really care if Medkit is gonna tell on what he think.

"You do you." Medkit scoffs off. Going to the scientist's kitchen that came with his house. Checking the refrigerator, grasping onto it and opening it. It's some fresh vegetables, so he guessed Subspace can still cook, or not. He grabbed spinach, grabbing a pan. Going to a dispenser and took a glass full of water.

Going back, he gets a cutting board and a knife. The knife reminded him of what he did. His eyes widen, he doesn't wanna do it again. Hyperventilating and trying to calm himself down, putting the knife back and shaking, looking around the kitchen. That bothered him so much.

Alright, it's easy enough, why would he ever thought of that anyways, as he finally chops the spinachs with ease. Approaching what seems like a cluster of colored jars with powders. He doesn't even have a cluster of spices. Whatever, he can just modify what he wants to make. He doesn't even have to measure. Closing the pan with the lid as he turned the stove on.

Going back to the living room, he wasn't feeling well. The cold temperature bothered him. The scientist's heater wasn't even on. Mustn't a habit to turn it on when going home, sitting on the couch, two pairs of glasses, one turquoise, one pink.

"Hmm..?" He approached it, the glasses have the Blackrock logo on the handle. He didn't mind, it's just him and Subspace at the moment, putting his eyepatch on the couch, wearing the pair glasses. Adjusting the glasses  Subspace came into the living room, his rot slightly expanding.

Medkit soon realized it has Subspace looked at him. "I guess you found the glasses I requested for us!!" Subspace cheerfully walked and wore it, he didn't even bother to wear his eye patch after he got home before, odd. "You should rest first, go to your bedroom." Medkit commanded, though, Subspace actually complied and nodded, rushing to his room.

Lying to his bed and putting the glasses aside, well if it's one thing, he kinda felt really bad once on what he did to Medkit, so he decides to stay and comply whatever he says. That overwhelming guilt is still there. Since he used to vent or share anything with him.

The medic just went going to the laboratory to make a quick healing crystal. Years of medical school, paired with chemistry as a hobby that he uses in his free time, he rarely has one. Assignments after assignments. Just a healing crystal would save someone. His scientist.

A/N: I feel like it's good if I think them as having the same highschool, different colleges. Ehe just a thought. :3

766 words.
2528 characters.