𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑-𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎¹⁴

Landing in Ibiza, they were greeted by swarms of paparazzi. Max shielded Kelly and Penelope, guiding them to the car he had arranged. Lando wrapped his arm around Mila, protecting her from the crowd as he got her into the next car, with Daniel following behind. Charles took the front passenger seat as the cab started moving, the driver honking to clear the way.

"That was crazy!" Daniel exclaimed, and Mila chuckled.

"Aren't you guys used to this happening everywhere you go?" she asked. Charles turned to talk to them.

"There's usually not this many at once, and even then, they're usually more respectful," he said, and Lando nodded in agreement.

"Oh, must be nice," Mila mumbled. "This was an average experience for me."

"Are you okay?" Lando asked with concern, holding her hand and checking if she was hurt. Mila laughed, assuring him she was fine.

"How far is Lewis' beach-house?" Daniel asked sleepily, resting his head on Lando's shoulder.

"Google Maps says 40 minutes," Charles answered, checking his phone.

"What's the plan for today?" Mila asked.

"I'm taking a long nap as soon as I get there," Charles yawned. "I don't sleep well on flights."

"What did you wanna do?" Lando asked Mila, looking down at her.

"Maybe we can go for a walk on the beach?" Mila whispered. Their faces were close again, and Lando found himself lost in her hazel eyes.

That weird feeling in his stomach returned, and for a millisecond, his eyes flickered down to her lips. He quickly caught himself, looking away and nodding.

"Sure, whatever you want, Lani," he said. Mila smiled, resting her head on his shoulder too, just like Daniel. Both slowly fell asleep as Lando smiled to himself, holding onto them so they wouldn't fall forward when the cab braked.

˖⁺‧₊˚ ˚₊‧⁺˖✮------------✮˖⁺‧₊˚ ˚₊‧⁺˖

Mila's sleep was interrupted by Lando shaking her gently and calling, "Lani, we're here, love. Get up."

"No, leave me alone," she whined, trying to go back to sleep. She heard Lando chuckling softly.

"Okay, then hold onto me," he said. Half-asleep, Mila didn't understand what he meant until she felt his arms around her, lifting her up. She screamed in surprise, opening her eyes to see Lando carrying her out of the car.

Instinctively, she wrapped her arms around his neck and yelled, "Ahh, what're you doing? Let me down!"

"You're the one who said to stop waking you up," he laughed, holding her securely as she wriggled to get down.

"Yeah, but I didn't mean pick me up!" she continued to protest. Lando, still laughing, gently set her down. She fixed her hair and glared at him.

From inside the car, Daniel's sleepy voice called out, "Pick me up, Lando. I'm tired too."

"Come on, mate, I got you," Charles said, helping Daniel out of the car and leading him up the stairs into the house.

"This place is so nice," Mila exclaimed, taking in the view. "I can't believe I'm gonna be staying at Lewis Hamilton's house!"

Lando raised an eyebrow and looked at her skeptically, "You seem more excited about that than being on vacation with me."

"It's Lewis," Mila said in a 'duh' tone. Lando sighed and rolled his eyes. Chuckling, Mila hugged Lando from the side, and the two of them walked into the house together.

As they walked in, they saw Charles and Daniel sprawled on the couch, with all their suitcases lined up neatly in a corner.

"Oh, you're here!" Lewis's voice came from the top of the stairs as he walked down to greet them. Seeing the state of Charles and Daniel, he laughed and asked, "What happened to these two?"

"They don't sleep well on flights," Lando shrugged as Lewis nodded, turning his attention to Mila.

"Mila, hey! It's so nice to finally meet you!" he beamed, giving her a hug.

"It's so nice to meet you too," Mila replied with a big smile, "Thank you for hosting us!"

"Of course, we could all use a break," Lewis said, "I'm glad you could make it. I was looking forward to meeting the girl who's got Lando all smitten," he teased. Mila chuckled while Lando rolled his eyes.

"You guys can go rest and unpack in your room while we wait for the others to get here," Lewis told them. "The first room is mine, but the four after that are free, so take any you like. But if you guys plan on being noisy at night, the farther the room from me, the better," he teased. Mila looked down, blushing as Lando laughed awkwardly.

Mila chose the room at the far corner next to the balcony, with Lando following behind, carrying their suitcases. "So, I guess we're sharing the room," Lando sighed, closing the door behind him. "Didn't think of that before. Sorry."

"It's okay, Lando," Mila reassured. "We've fallen asleep on my couch multiple times. This isn't weird if we don't make it weird."

"LanLan," Lando muttered. Mila looked at him, confused. "What?" she asked.

"You called me LanLan," he said, grinning. "On the flight."

Blushing, Mila looked away and rolled her eyes, gazing out at the beautiful view from the window.

"Do you want to go to the beach now?" Lando asked, yawning.

Mila laughed at his sleepiness. "You should get some rest first. I don't think you got much sleep on the plane, LanLan."

"I like the nickname," Lando grinned again. "Although the guys are going to bully me about it."

"You'll survive," Mila said as she walked up to him, running her hands through his hair. He closed his eyes instinctively, wrapping his arms around her.

Neither of them knew what they were doing, but they liked being this close. Mila looked at him with a smile, and Lando kept his eyes closed, enjoying the feelings he was experiencing. He didn't know what they were, but he liked feeling this way.

Suddenly, the door burst open as Daniel cursed, "Oh shit, sorry. I didn't think this room was taken." He quickly closed the door as Mila and Lando pulled away, feeling confused and awkward.

"I'm...gonna go hang out downstairs. You should get some sleep, Lando," Mila told him. He nodded, watching as she walked out of the room.

Sighing, Lando sat down on the bed, burying his face in his hands. This lie had gone too far now. Everyone on the Grid knew about them. He had made it official to them, and they had been posting snippets to leave the media guessing.

Their plan was to make it 'Instagram official' during this holiday, just in time for the upcoming Monaco Grand Prix, where Luisa was going to be present. After all, this was all to prove to her that he had moved on and found someone better to love.

That was the only reason.

Right?