Entry #001 ; July 3rd 2015

My eyes blinked as they adjusted to the light, somehow everything seemed more blue. I looked around me and saw two other girls, one on each of my sides, talking to each other as if I wasn't there. As I came to my senses, I realized I was underwater. The strange thing was how I was still breathing, through my nose. I recognized the girls, they were my school mates. I knew their names but for some reason I couldn't speak. Not like something was holding me back, but as if I didn't feel the need to speak.

All of the sudden I saw a flash of blue and gold a few metres away from me.

The girls stopped talking, their bodies tensing up. Blue and gold flashed before me once more. As it slowed down, a figure appeared some distances from us. I gazed at it curiously, when my eyes focused, I saw that it was the figure of a half man, half fish.

It was a merman.

He swam back and forth before his eyes caught sight of us. As he swam closer, the other girls retreated. Somehow I couldn't move, and I didn't want to. The merman came closer and closer until we were within arm's reach. He looked at me, studying my face closely and intently. Normally I was a wreck with boys, never had I been this close to one. Well, it was a merman, but a male nonetheless.

Suddenly, my wrist was caught in his grip, his hand much larger and stronger than my own. My eyes widened at the sudden touch, but when I averted my gaze from our hands to the front, I noticed that he was close- much closer to me than before. Our faces were only inches apart. He was staring into my eyes with such intensity and interest that I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks.

A few ways behind me, I heard the girls' whispers.

I heard they kill human girls and eat their flesh, one said to the other. I suppose 'they' were mermans.

Yeah, I heard that too, it keeps them young or something like that, the other replied. It was odd, I wasn't hearing them from my ears, it was as if they were speaking inside my head.

I was broken out of my thoughts when the merman let out a small, short chuckle. He was still staring into my eyes, but he was lightly smiling this time. Feeling embarrassed, I tried to cover my face with my hands but he made that impossible, his grip never lessening one bit. "Don't hide," His voice was like a melody, pleasantly caressing my senses. Then I felt his lips lightly brush against mine. It was a feather light touch, but I felt it. It was odd, really. I had never been this close to a man yet I had no qualms about this merman stealing my first kiss. I felt like...it was supposed to happen, I wasn't supposed to feel disturbed.

The rest was blurry. I only remembered that we got on land, he somehow grew a pair of legs and his tail disappeared, and he was taking me to his lair to continue his research- which I knew nothing about.

Yeah, just go on and follow a strange merman into his lair for his research after hearing the rumors, wise choice. But I didn't feel that he was dangerous, for a an unknown reason to myself, I knew for sure that he meant me no harm.

What I do remember was running into a group of pirates. Apparently they were familiar with me, I felt like I was a part of them, part of their group. The leader addressed me. He was handsome, tall, fair, with a very charming smile. But of course, the merman was a different case.

He was ethereal.

Anyways, I remembered the leader asking me to return to them. We were at a bay, with a bridge that stretched in two directions, one leading to another bay and one leading to the pirates' boat. The merman told me to choose and left first to the bay.

"He's tricking you," the leader said, getting into the boat. "You know the whispers. He'll kill you and eat your flesh for his youth," by then I was utterly confused, a part of me believed him, but a part of me didn't. Especially since the merman had been so kind to me. "Come with me," He said again. "You'll be safe." I trusted him on that, I would be safer with him. But my body moved on his own accord. One step after another, I headed towards the bay.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I ran to catch up with the mysterious merman.

***

Hi! So this will be where I post drabbles of weird dreams I have, so none of this would be connected and some may be a little unclear because well, it's a dream and we can't exactly control it. I hope you will find this as interesting as I do because dayyuuummm that merman was hot! The leader too. The merman was like a mix of Finnick from the Hunger Games and Pietro from Avengers while the leader looked like Alex Pettyfer from Beastly.

-LeXa