01

ACE AND REMI ORIGIN

[This chapter contains swearing, mentions of substance, and more

[This chapter contains swearing, mentions of substance, and more. Proceed with caution]

"Ledger." The guard called out, The brunette boy sat up from the cell bench eagerly. He approaches the bars, staring smugly at the guard "Bail paid?" Ace smirks, The guard starts unlocking the door and leads Ace out.

Stepping out Ace's eyes landed on his mother. His mood immediately changes from cocky to surprised.

In her hand is a bottle of 'water'. Once Ace sees it his face goes back to smug.

The guard unlocks Ace's cuffs and pushes him forward. After readjusting his balance, he rubs his wrist to get the circulation back to them. He looks up and sees his mom making eye contact with him, this is the first time in months they have looked at each other without fighting (verbally or physically). But he knows it won't be long before their next fight as she storms out of the jail. Ace follows behind her after grabbing his bag of belongings.

Ace watches as his mother storms away from the jail. "Nice to see you, Andie." She stops but doesn't turn around. "It's weird, last time I saw you were" He covers one nostril and breathes in through his nose. "coked out." She turns around and gives him a look that could kill. "Glad to see you care." he extends his arms dramatically.

"You think you're funny huh? I just spent my last dime getting you out." Andie exclaims, Ace snickers; He starts going through his bag of stuff while walking ahead of his mother. "Bullshit."

She yanks his arm, he tries to pull away from her but her grip is strong. "If I ever have to go in there again. I will kill you." Ace takes the opportunity to snatch the 'water' out of her hand. He flicks off the cap taking a big gulp making him immediately start coughing from the burn. He looks at his mother, she doesn't even look upset he caught her, and she seems more worried about the half-empty bottle of vodka. Ace pours the liquor on the pavement. "Pathetic." he throws the bottle at her feet and walks off.

|:

"Finnick, if you drop me I'll kick you so hard you will feel your balls in your throat," Remi laughs as Finn carries her on his shoulders. "Oh, we are using full names now? Well, Remedy have some faith in me." Finn puts Remi down on the couch, and she holds onto his wrist to keep her balance. Finn looks down into Remi's eyes, "You almost dropped me." "But, I didn't," Finn smirks, his eyes going from Remi's eyes to her lips. She notices this and shoves him away playfully. He laughs and fixes his balance.

Ace starts banging on the door to the basement of Finn's house. Finn steps towards the door, Three firm knocks on the top center of the door and one soft knock above the handle before opening it. Ace shoves the door into Finn's chest heading straight to the bathroom.

"Where the hell were you? We thought you got caught by the cops again?" Remi follows Ace into the bathroom, He starts taking his shirt off and turns on the shower. When he takes his pants off she turns away and heads back to the couch

"Kinda did. I don't remember much, the guy that busted me gave me a massive bang to the head. Anything new happen here?" Stepping into the cold shower sobers him up, after getting busted, the night in the cell, and the conversation with his mother; Ace needs this.

"No, not really." Remi tugs at the bottom of her shirt, laying her head in Finn's lap. "You're girl stopped by." Finn shares, "She picked up two grams. She asked if you were here."

Ace comes out of the shower, a towel wrapped around his waist with his hair soaked and dripping down his chest. "Bullshit. She never comes in, her brother does." heading over to his bag of belongings from the jail, He pulls out a pair of gym shorts.

The cops caught Ace as he was dropping off a delivery. He told Finn and Remi he was gonna head over to Finn's after but got caught before he could.

"She looked good, and was wearing a cute skirt and a leather jacket." Remi describes. "Shut up or we will think you're the one into her." Finn snickers to Remi. She immediately gets quiet.

"I have to head over to Caleb's." Ace sits on the couch next to Finn and Remi putting on his shoes. Finn slings his arm over Ace's shoulders. "You just got out of jail and you're not gonna hang with your best friends." Finn pouts in Ace's face, Ace shoves him back. Finn retaliates and puts him in a chokehold. Remi immediately gets up and steals Ace's phone from the counter.

 "Wow, I didn't know Iris's name was Caleb." She teases at Iris's "Can we meet up" text, Ace shoves Finn to the side, getting up to grab the phone from Remi. Finn gets up too. As Ace goes to snatch his phone, she throws it to Finn, who is much taller than the two. Ace jumps to grab his phone which is over Finn's head but has no luck. He pauses for a moment to take a breather, Finn won't stop laughing at Ace. Ace slams his fist into Finn's stomach making him topple over. Ace grabs his phone and keys and leaves before Finn's wrath. "Bye, Ace." Remi waves innocently while Finn 'dies' next to her.

A/N: 

the first chapter of Ace and Remi's origin, the first few will be rough but when we get to the more intense plot it will be Chef's Kiss. 

What fanfictions have you peeped have Ace and Remi? (guess from the edits on my TikTok) 

I wanted to write this book before any of those fanfic because this book is the blueprint for most of them

comment here with any suggestions or critics or comments or just say hi :)