Cortana- Chapter 2: The Cores

Being inside a head is no fun. No fun at all. Let me set the scene: I'm being thrown back and forth in chief's head who's constantly shouting cries of, "Yeah take that!","Oh, you want some more? Have some more!" Et cetera. I'm like, really you don't have to shout! But before I could protest, chief falls down for the tenth time. I have to constantly keep urging him to get up and it's really annoying. "That does it." I say to myself, "You want something done, you gotta do it yourself". Just so you know, I'm not an ordinary computer. I control his ship, navigate and tell him where to go, warn him if there's any signs of covenant strolling nearby. I can also control him, which is what I'm about to do now. "Chief." I said,"You're gonna have to stop moving for a while." Maybe I should have phrased that differently, cause the look on his face said it all and I knew what was coming. "I have to do what?" I repeated what I told him. "Come on Cortana, you've got to be crazy!"

"Trust me!" I told him.

"Alright. I trust you. But you better know what you're doing."

I got to work as quickly as I can. "Cortana!" I heard chief cry out. I looked out and saw Nukpana slowly recovering. I saw a cable and connected it to the back of my head. I looked at the hole in which the other side of the cable has to go, and quietly said to myself,"Oh well, here goes" I pushed it in and felt a serge of power go through me. I looked at my green hands. Green? Something's not right. I looked again and again but all I saw was just that: green hands. Huh. Last time I checked, my hands were pink. And you could've seen through them. Then I remembered, I'm in control of Chief's body now. Well that explains a lot. The amazement can't last long, though, because Nukpana is up and running toward me, or chief however you want to look at it. "Hiya!" I dodged just as Nukpana slashed his sword at me. "Okay, time to see what moves you got chief." I aimed his assault rife at the bounty hunter's head and killed him with one shot. "I did it! Hooray!"

"Alright", said the chief,"You've had your fun, now gimme back control of my body."

"Okay, okay." I replied,"Don't be such a wuss" I unplugged myself from his body. I looked back to where Nukpana was lying down, only, he wasn't lying down. He was gone. "Where'd he go?" asked chief. I looked up and saw a banshee and inside it, "Nukpana!". I used my zoom lenses to get a closer look. "Oh. My. God." I could not believe it! "Cortana, something wrong?" I looked and looked to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Yep they're there all right. "What is it?" asked chief again. "It's just as I thought. Nukpana didn't come here for the fun. He came here for this." I showed him a diagram of two 'cores'. A red one and a blue one. "What are those?" 

"They're cores. The red one can make the user control his victims, (in a bad sense). The blue one is the alternative version of that: it makes your army stronger and more strategic than before, plus, they get a cool blue colour on their uniforms. Nukpana I'm afraid has the red core and is headed toward HQ now." Chief looked at the sky and saw the smoke of Nukpana's vehicle, heading east towards our headquarters.