{𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓} "𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐄𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡"

Hannah Blanchard

My head shakes from side to side, shrugging it off. Finally the water warms up a little, dripping on my skin. I let the water cleanse my swimming suit, getting away the smell of chlorine.

"I'm surprised to see Celine here." I break the silence, tilting my head to look over to Joy. She nods, holding the towel for me.

"I heard she's the president of the swimming club," Joy trails off, crossing her arms. I scoff, turning myself around to fully face her.

"You're kidding?"

Talking about the devil.

"Incredible that you're able to swim after such a hangover." Celine praises the girl, her hand resting around her neck.

What the actual fuck is this about? My eyes follow the girls, clearly unhappy about Celine's choice of hand positioning.

Why is she being so nonchalant about our situation? Acting like nothing had happened between us. I mean, she did say that nothing would change. But I didn't expect her to be that dead-serious about it.

"You look like you've seen a ghost?" Joy comments as I turn off the flowing water, stepping forward and grabbing the towel that she was holding for me.

"It's nothing." I lie, drying myself off again. My mood is clearly different than before, especially after Celine arrived out of nowhere to comment on my swimming.

I walk towards my locker, Joy is still chatting with another girl in the showers that she knows.

Celine's hand slams against the locker, blocking my way. I immediately turn myself to face her, narrowing my eyes. "Could you please move..-" I ask, taking a step forward.

"You haven't told her, right?" She doesn't move, ignoring my question, asking her own instead. I raise an eyebrow, stepping to the right, trying to maneuver around her.

"Haven't told.. who, what?" I reply with a question. Celine moves to the right, blocking my way again. My eyes roll, annoyed by this constant back and forth.

"What even goes through your mind," Celine mumbles, tapping her head. She takes a deep breath, repeating her question. "..You haven't told Joy yet, right?"

I shake my head, stepping to the left. She steps to the side, blocking my way again. "Better be like that." She warns me, leaning against the locker and motioning for me to pass by her.

My eyes narrow in suspicion, finally walking past Celine. I can feel her eyes glued to my backside, boring through my figure.

"Maybe, I should come watch you swimming more often." Celine trails off, grinning widely. I slowly turn myself around to face her, giving off a disgusted expression.

"Excuse me?" I ask, wondering if I had heard that correctly.

"You have potential in competitive swimming, let me coach you." She confidently crosses her arms, raising her chin just so slightly.

I shake my head, grabbing my clothes out of the locker. "Not interested." I quickly reply as my back turns to her.

"Your loss." She arrogantly mumbles, checking the time on her watch. "Anyhow, that 91% isn't good enough." Celine gets to the point.