I. Why I Was Born

such a change

...such a change...

.

.

.

After you had met Silver, you had met his father: Lilia. They were an oddly familiar pair, and you knew exactly why. Lilia Vanrouge was a character from your past life. Twisted wonderland was where you had somehow ended up once your life had ended. "Will I see Silver again..." you had asked his pink and black-haired father after everything. They had eaten the food you cooked. You'd still remember how the boy's eyes widened at the taste, nothing special, maybe even a bit bland, but compared to his father's cooking? At the end of the meal, Silver needed to get back home to recover under Lilia's care after all. The boy was burning up with one of the highest fevers you had ever seen!

"I hope I see him in my dreams!" You said suddenly, the fae stopped for a moment.

His eyes scanning you with great curiosity, "Khee he, I'm sure you two will find each other again." Is all the Fae spoke while he gathered the small boy in his arms. then with a smile as he whisked the white haired, human boy away. You stayed put in your small makeshift camp you had set up with Silver. Sleeping beauty... This world was so mysterious to you. You wanted all of it. You wanted to know exactly what was hidden behind each hill- not each mountain. You wanted to meet everyone you can, you wanted to know everything about magic. You wanted to meet a fairy- and a dragon! You wanted to be famous, and you wanted to be respected.

You wanted everything this world had to offer. You wanted to be at the heart of this world... This fantasy world, your fantasy world.

_________

Silver laid awake at night when he got better. Something that just never happened to him. His fever was long gone, nursed away by his father... His father, not his birth one, He had found out days ago. Still, the news he was adopted didn't consume his thoughts. They weren't the reason the usually sleepy boy laid awake. No, his thoughts were consumed with this ratty little girl who protected him from bears while he slept. "I wonder, I wonder..." The little girl who gave him the best food he had eaten in his life. (This was by no means an exaggeration; the young silver haired boy only knows the fae named Lillia's cooking...)

'do I know you?' He remembered asking the girl. He watched with curiosity as she hummed leaning forward and towards him. As if she was about to share a secrete with him.

"....Mm, I don't know. Maybe in a dream?' Was the only reply he had gotten before the girl snickered to herself. Like she had just pulled a prank on him, or something funny had happened...

"....I wonder why each little bird has a someone to sing to, sweet things to..." Silver was by no means an idiot. In fact, he was quite smart for a six-year-old. His swordsmanship was excellent, and his magic was advanced. He, despite his age, liked to think of himself as a bit wise, perhaps that was a childish thing to think, especially at his age. Yet, with a father like Lilia it was hard not to adopt some of his traits. Lilia was wise.