one, first encounter

New moon Chapter one, first encounter

New moon
Chapter one, first encounter

Gwen Cullen sat across was her older adoptive brother, staring at him in disbelief. "Edward this is absurd. I can't believe you want me to stay behind!"

Fear and sadness lingered in her voice, not liking the thought of staying behind alone in Forks. Especially with the wolves lingering, all ready and wanting to end her.

Her family had decided to leave Forks early that day, the reason being to give Bella the chance to live a normal human life. At least that's what Edward kept saying and everyone agreed seeing the desperation on his face.

Edward sighed, grabbing her hands lightly. "Please Gwen, I can't just leave her behind unprotected."

The mind reader loved the human so much and the thought of leaving hurt. But it was a decision that needed to be made according to Edward.

They both knew what Edward's words meant, Bella tended to find trouble and get hurt stupidly. And Edward trusted the blonde more than anyone, both being alone and together at the same time.

"What about the wolves? You know they freak me out, especially with the last incident." Both vampires shuddered at the reminder. Before the treaty was formed, Gwen was seconds away from being ripped apart by the shifters. That incident still haunts her and Gwen still hates being in Forks because of that.

"I know, But Gwen I trust you and I know how close you and Bella are. But if you don't want to, it's fine. I also want you with me, I'll miss you too much to be away." Edward softly says, causing the blonde to nod knowing it's true.

While the human was researching vampires, she coincidentally researched Gwen since she looked very familiar. That led the human to find an article about Gwen Raven. That was something Edward couldn't deny and hide. Most humans are gullible and never make that connection so fast.

There have been incidents where some humans connect Gwen to her past but they normally just leave before any actual answers can be made.

Gwen felt her lip tremble, knowing there was only one right decision. "I'll stay but I'll miss you all so much."

Edward immediately pulled the blonde into a tight hug, feeling both thankful and sad.

The mindreader and healer have never been apart before. From the moment Gwen woke up as a vampire, she immediately stuck to Edward like glue. Finding comfort in him.

Carlisle has always believed it was because of their similar personality. Their father figure was also very pleased to see Edward immediately take the blonde under his wing teaching her everything about their new life and helping Gwen explore her gift.

Gwen hugged Edward back, not wanting to let him go. "Call me please, and if you ever need me I'll be there right away, okay?"

Edward nods giving her a small smile, he was leaving the family to be on his own for a while, and that worried Gwen. Knowing that sometimes her brother was too hard on himself.