Day 13: Get out.

On fine day, college has been boring her to death, still she managed to keep her head positive, and meandered through the week, the summer rains had showed up all of a sudden. She was witnessing mild rain after summer for the first time. It had been raining quite often these days, seems like they were just lucky to not have these on the very day they arrived for it could have made things awful and hard.

"---hrodisiacs are used to create better art compared to normal acry---"

'What?!' Kara was woken up from her daydream when she heard something funny.

"What happened, Miss Kara?" Prof. Kai asked, as she had stopped his lecture by shouting the 'what' that was supposed to be just a thought.

"Sir, could you repeat your last few lines? I think I heard it wrong." She tried to divert the intense eye stares she was receiving at the moment.

"I was explaining about the dominance of mosaics and how they are preferred over acrylic work in a few places in India."

"I must have misheard mosaics as mollusks, sorry my bad."

"Stop dozing off amidst class and you might stop hearing that as well, Miss Kara."

"Sorry sir."

A few students giggled as Kara sat down and listened to the rest of the classes.

~A few moments later~

"This is bad. It's raining like hell! How am I supposed to get home dry?" Anjali whined, as she packed her bag.

"Aren't we gonna use the bus?" Kara asked as she wore her bag.

"Yeah! But I have to get off the bus and walk for a few minutes to get home! And I forgot my umbrella! Ugh I hate sudden rains!"

"You don't know when it rains, though you are a resident of India?" Kara asked.

"It's not like we can predict the weather over here. It gets super-hot one day and the next day it could get super wet. There is no saying when's it gonna rain unless we keep track of the weather forecast, which is something Anjali might not do." Steve smirked, then wincing on being elbowed by Anjali.

"Hey, don't tease her too much." Kara chided Steve, fake scowling at him.

"Yeah, give him a good scolding, men shouldn't make fun of women."

"Anjali here, is a feeble hearted damsel she might get a stroke from all the teasing." Kara said, which had Steve laughing his lungs out.

"Hey! You two devious beings! I hate you guys!" Anjali stomped her way out of the classroom, followed by the still giggling, Steve and Kara.

"Kara." A familiar voice called.

Kara turned around, and almost collided with Aditya, who had Priya glued to his side.

"Woah, there. Almost fell on ya. So, what you wanna talk about? I got a bus to catch and a fam to tend to." Kara said, as she was pulled by Anjali to the main gate.

"Did ya glue yourself to this newbie's side? You are pretty lonely, aren't you? An-jelly." Priya snickered, then hid behind Aditya on being on the receiving end of Kara's death glare.

"You don't wanna be on Kara's hate list. Trust me, it'll take you to hell in seconds."

"Now that you remind me of that, maybe I should let her name slip, accidentally, when I meet your sissy, or when she shows up like a ghost. The latter has a higher probability of happening." 

"Is your sister that terrific?" Priya asked, looking into her crush's face.

"You don't wanna meet her if you're his girlfriend. She might slit your throat in surprise, or worse---" Kara started, but was cut off by Aditya, on seeing Priya's face.

"I guess she gets it, and hopefully stays away from me. Ya know, am not into you. I was just flirting, and you took it too serious."

"Indians are kids." Kara smiled, it being nothing warm, and continued directing her smile towards Aditya. "Take care of your mom, and eat properly, for Christ's sake. I can see the hollows in your cheeks."

"Yes, I will. You, take care as well. And visit her once in a while. I don't want her wrecking her whole house, just coz she couldn't have a good talk with ya! Our butlers have been complaining about the frequency of these disasters---"

"I told you, that I can't. And you of all people, know why." She said, at last letting Anjali drag her to the main gate.

"What was that?" Anjali asked.

"What was what?"

"That whole conversation. Was he your---"

"NO!" Kara said too abruptly that the ones nearby turned around to see what the commotion was.

"His sister and I were too close. She is--- complex, to handle. So, I said I can't be friends. And this is the output."

They kept talking about the sister, for a while, then discussed about different topics, like favorite anime, k-drama, j-drama, c-drama, web-series, and so on.

Then got on the bus and were on their way home.

"Mom, am home." Kara said, as she stepped into the house.

"How was college, dear?"

"Fine. Where are those two?" She asked as she removed her sandals and went in.

"Still not home. School gets over by 4, it seems, for those two. Must be home in a few minutes." Martha, the mother said, as she prepared some sandwiches.

Time passed by, and the members of the family started to come home, one by one. The day transitioned towards its twilight, with their new life stories, and sandwiches.

After dinner, everyone started to move to their rooms, as it was just the start of the week.

~Around Midnight~

The ringing of her phone wake her up.

A sleepy Kara picked it up and said a groggy hello.

"Look out."

To which her eyes widened, and she looked out her window.

"Get. Out." She mouthed.

But moved against her will towards the window.