Very Happy

15 minutes later Neil came out of the washroom and threw his towel on the bed as he hurriedly went downstairs to see his family along with metha family and Shekar in the hall as they waited for the pandit ji to speak.

Prakash saw Neil and gestured to him to come over to which Neil nodded. Ashish smiled as he placed his hand around Neil shoulder.

Panditji: sagai ka shub muhurat 3=4 din baad hai, aur shaadi ki tareek mai aap sab ko sagai ke din bata dunga.

Dayawanti: shukriya pandit ji, apka ashirwaad bhi mil jayien ga dono bacho ko.

Neil's face went blank as he took in the words of Pandit Ji. He had intended to talk to Tina about this before telling Avni how he felt, but things didn't work out that way.

Pandit ji blessed both Neil and Tina and left from there.

Shekar walked over to Neil and placed both of his hands on Neil shoulders.

Shekar: Are you alright, beta? You don't have any issues with the engagement taking place the following week.

Neil: Now is the moment, Neil, cancel the engagement. He thought. Actually, I am not. Neil began to say, but Shweta interrupted.

Shweta: Bhaisaab, Neil won't have any problems at all, after returning from his dinner date with Tina yesterday night, you should have seen how happy he was. Sweta gave a little push on his arm grinning at her son, in response to which she earn a very cursory smile from Neil which didn't reached his eyes.

Avni, Neil, and Tina exchanged glances as Shweta spoke as only they knew who was with Neil at the restaurant.
Neil looked straight clenching his jaws thinking how things turned bitter within an hour while Avni heaved a deep sigh averting her gaze away Tina who was seen swallowed few times and end up smiling nervously facing the elders.

Bebe: Shweta is entirely correct. Since the kids are content together, what issue will they have as we all know how excited Neil is to get engaged to Tina.

Shweta: I'll get sweets she said rushing to the kitchen happily. Neil rubbed his eyes not expecting any of this to happen.

Neela came and took Tina with her as they walked to where Neil was and made her stand next to him.

Neela: kisi ki nazar na lagien she said putting kala teeka behind their ears.

While watching with a heavy heart, Avni was glad to see her friends happily together. She forced a grin and approached Tina and Neil, who were surrounded by family members who were congratulating and feeding them sweets.

Avni: Tinaaaa I'm so happy for you she said feeding her some sweet and hugged her tightly while Neil looked at Avni seeing her all happy.

Tina moved to Dayawanti who hugged her and was blessing her with lots of love followed by bebe shweta and Neela, whereas the men posed as Ashish took a selfie of them.

Avni picked up another Indian sweet and approached Neil, grinning widely as he watched her keenly.

Avni: Congrats Neil. I'm so happy that you both will finally be engaged she said forwarding the sweet towards his mouth. Neil suddenly grabbed it from her hand surprising Avni but what she hadn't expected was when Neil fed her the whole sweet. Avni covered her mouth as she chewed slowly watching Neil look at her.

Neil chuckled slightly as he looked down, but that chuckled held pain. Shaking his head slightly he looked back at Avni.

Neil: You seem to be very happy Avni. He said smiling but his tone reflected pain.

Neil stared at Avni, and she looked at him. She could not figure out what had suddenly gotten into him. With Tina, his engagement date had been set so what was the problem now? is what was going through her mind when Tina suddenly appeared, drawing their attention away.

Tina: Hey Avii how about we go shopping after breakfast? We can also finalise my engagement outfit.

Avni didn't want to go anywhere. She wanted to be alone for a while. Therefore she had to think of an excuse to avoid shopping with Tina.

Avni: Sorry not today, Tina, I'm actually meeting up with Advay. She said to which Neil looked at Avni instantly. Hia jaws clenched just by hearing Advay name.

Tina: Avi for a bit come na please. You can help me select my outfit and from there meet Advay while I'll meet my dance group for costume check. Please babes. She said holding Avni hands.

Neela: That's not a bad idea. Just say yes.

Avni: Okay. Fine, I'll cone with you she said smiling.

Ashish: Beta, is Advay only a friend or more than that.

Neil watched Avni as she turned to Ashish, he recalled how she had once said Advay is her boyfriend, before Avni could answer Dayawanti spoke.

Dayawanti: Ashish. Advay is only a friend to Avni and even if they were more than friends Avni will surely tell us whenever she is certain. Right Avni.

Avni: Right. She said smiling at Dayawanti

Tina: Finally, we will have fun.

Shekar: Beta take Neil too with you.

Tina: I would really like to, but I want Mr. America to be amazed by my outfit which I want to see on the engagement day itself, so he won't be joining us.

One of the staff came and told Shweta breakfast is ready.

Shweta: Come on everyone breakfast is ready so continue talking at the dining table. She said as all headed to the dining table.

Neil watched Avni and Tina go, and he stayed rooted to his spot. He realised he needed to speak with Tina right away. He wouldn't be able to tell Avni how he felt until after that.

Bebe: Neil puttar come she said calling him out loudly.

Neil nodded and walked to where the rest were.

While having breakfast the elders were talking about the preparation for engagement, whereas Tina was showing Avni the stores they could visit at the mall while Neil was thoughtful about how things became complicated, however he came back to present after few minutes when Tina and Avni had got up to leave saying bye to everyone.

Avni slightly smiled at Neil but before she can try to process his expression fully Tina pulled her along. Neil looked on as they walked out of the Khanna mansion

Thanks to those who loved reading the previous chap and voted