Part 6

~✯•º°♡°º•✯~

“(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Wake up! I just heard the news. Congratulations, kiddo, we did it!”

You blink your eyes open, slightly dazed as you focused on the Seagull sitting on the edge of your bed. You sat up rubbing your eyes, stretching out your arm as you let out a silent yawn.

The morning sun leaked into the bedroom, almost blinding you from its blazing, rich colours.

Iida, who was curled up on your pillow, groggily lifted his head up, a large frown pulling at his features as his eyes sharpened at the seagull. It was evident to see that Iida was not a morning person. “What is this idiot babbling about?”

A smile broke out on Tetsu’s face as he nudged your shoulder. “Rightttt, as if you two didn't know. The whole town's buzzing' about the prince gettin' himself hitched this afternoon!” Tetsu cheered, throwing his feathers up, looking between you and Iida.

You both stared blankly, causing Tetsu’s wings to drop as he sweat dropped. “y’know, hitched, he's getting married!” Tetsu shook his head playfully before walking over to give you a side hug and a pat on Iida’s shoulder. “Whelp, I just came here to wish you luck. I'll catch you later little fry, I wouldn't miss it for the world.”

Tetsutetsu hopped off the bed and trudged towards the open window. With one last goodbye, he gave you a wink then flew out of the window into the morning sky.

You blinked again. The cogs in your head turning trying to process the quick ramblings of the ecstatic seagull. As the words slowly sunk in, the expression on your face started to brighten. You leaped out of bed, silently cheering as you picked up Iida from off your pillow and planted a quick his on his cheek before spinning him around.

You hastily put him down, rushing towards the bedroom door; not before brushing your hair through in the mirror. You skipped out into the hall way, rushing down the stairs towards the main lobby. You came to a screeching halt when you spotted Mic and Kaminari by the large glass door, but there was someone else there. Someone else in his arms.

You were confused and quickly hid behind a pillar watching the scene unfold.

“Well, uh - err, Kami. I-it appears that I was mistaken. This mystery maiden of yours does - in fact exist. And - and she is lovely. Congratulations, my dear.” Mic stumbled through his sentence, looking from Kaminari to the new girl.

“We wish to be married as soon as possible.” Kaminari spoke in a monotone voice.

Mic’s eyes widened, not believing the young prince words. He knew how adamant he was about marrying this mystery girl but he thought that maybe he would have changed his mind.

“Oh really? Um...yes, of course, but Kami these things take time to plan y’know and don’t you think you’re kind of rushing it? Maybe you should take a day or two—

“This afternoon, Mic, The wedding ship departs at sunset.”

Mic sighed, “Very well, what ever you wish for sire.”

It felt as if your heart had been stabbed as you turned your head away. Your lips began to quiver as your eyes stung from tears beginning to build up behind your eyes. You didn’t understand, you thought you did everything right, but now he’s marrying some other girl? You were the one who saved him, you were the one he was looking for.

You gritted your teeth, clutching at the fabric near your chest. the pain was becoming unbearable. Your breath was becoming more erratic, you couldn’t be here any longer, you needed to leave. As tears started to pour down your face you ran down the hall, refusing to give the loving couple one last glance.