Chapter 6

“Hey.”

“How are you?” the man asked.

Seokjin looked at him for a moment before replying, “Probably the first in a while to ask me this question. Thank you. I'm doing just fine,” he said quietly with a faint smile.

“If you let me, I would do it for the rest of my life,” the man said.

“Haa…Why don’t...guys like you come into my life when I need them? Too late now,” Seokjin said with a laugh.

“Nothing is too late,” the man replied.

“Married,” Seokjin said immediately, showing his ring finger.

“To that man who is dancing with a woman over there? When someone this beautiful is sitting here alone at the bar?” the man asked with a teasing smile.

“Do we know each other?” Seokjin asked, narrowing his eyes slightly.

“Min Yoongi,” Yoongi said, extending his hand for a handshake.

“Ah, the Mins. So...family,” Seokjin said, recognizing the name.

“I’m all down if you are interested,” Yoongi said, smirking playfully.

“What? No, no, I did not... Right... Gotcha,” Seokjin said, smiling back, appreciating Yoongi’s playful nature.

“Not dancing?” Yoongi asked, tilting his head towards the dance floor.

“Nah, I can't dance. My body isn’t made for that,” Seokjin said, shaking his head.

“What are you talking about? You go up there and move your finger, everyone will go crazy,” Yoongi insisted, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

Seokjin laughed, shaking his head. “You are so bad at this, and I love it.”

Yoongi chuckled, leaning back in his chair. “Well, I'll try my best. But seriously, you should give it a shot. Sometimes, it's not about being good.I heard you love living on your intrusive thoughts.”

Seokjin smiled. “You’re right... But tonight, I think I’ll just enjoy the view. But wait, who gave you that information?”

“Aren't we family?” Yoongi said, shrugging.

Seokjin laughed again, feeling a surprising sense of ease in Yoongi's presence. "Fair enough.”

“So?” Yoongi asked.

“So?” Seokjin asked back.

“Alright, picture this: you and me in a boat on a secluded lake surrounded by tall trees.”

“Uhhh, sounds like the beginning of that one Jurassic Park movie or oh! that crocodile movie the one that lives in the lake” Seokjin said

Yoongi just glared.

“Alright, alright, carry on,” Seokjin said with a chuckle.

“Okay, the air is cool and fresh. The indigo-colored sky is starting to turn, giving a hint of gold over everything. We cast our lines, the bait hitting the water seamlessly. We sit side by side, shoulders slightly brushing,” Yoongi said.

Seokjin raised his eyebrows.

“Okay, we just sit side by side without brushing our shoulders,” Yoongi said.

Seokjin laughed and nodded. “Go on.”

Yoongi smiled, continuing his story. “We talk quietly, the sound of nature around us. The lake is so still, it’s like a mirror. You catch the first fish, and your face lights up along with the golden hues of sun hitting your perfect face making it more ethereal.” Yoongi said, staring straight into Seokjin’s eye.