-𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈-

╔══《"You never had a clue,》══╗
all the days that I spent loving you."

       "Nothing, don't even worry about it," Lucien sputtered, rushing to get the words out while snatching his phone from Váli's hands. Looking at the screen, he unlocked it before scanning over the messages quickly.

       Váli could only stare suspiciously at the noticeably tensed teen across from him. After a brief moment, he turned his phone off and placed it face down on the counter. Without a second of hesitation, Lucien painted a large smile on his face.

       His features shapeshifted right before Váli's eyes, who could only marvel at the sudden switch in demeanor. Shuffling backwards, Lucien attempted to distract Vál from the awkward interaction and begin cooking again.

       Shaking his head, Váli sighed before following Lucien back toward the mixer.

       "If you say so," he whispered, more to himself than to Lucien.

       "So, where did we end off?" Lucien chuckled, turning his attention back to the recipe book. For the next hour, the two boys mixed ingredients, baked the cookies, and ate too much raw dough.

       "You're gonna get salmonella from that. You know?" Lucien warned Váli as he scooped a spoonful of dough into his open mouth.

       "Then why does it taste so good?" he replied with a big smile. "Plus," he said in between bites, "It's not the eggs that are bad for you. It's the bacteria in the raw flour."

       Leaning his weight on the counter, Lucien huffed. "Always one upping me on random knowledge."

       "You know it." Sighing, Lucien pulled himself upright, giving into temptation. Váli, who was loosely holding the spoon upright near his mouth watched as Luc carefully slipped the utensil right out of his hands.

       Too distracted, Váli's loose grip allowed the taller to easily retrieve the spoon. Walking over to the bowl, Lucien scooped a large amount of dough on the silverware before popping it into his mouth like a lollipop.

       Regaining his composure, Váli sucked in a breath before attempting to think of a sly remark. "So you don't like the germs in the raw dough but you're fine with putting my spoon in your mouth?"

       Shrugging his shoulders, Lucien struggled to swallow the large bite. Eventually, Váli watched Luc finally swallow, gulping comically loud.

       Cringing, Lucien muttered, "That was kinda gross."

       "Too sweet?"

       "Too sweet."

       Bending over to laugh, Váli found Lucien's taste funny. "You have the palette of an old man. You probably like black coffee, or something!"

       "What's wrong with black coffee?" Lucien pouted, placing the spoon in the sink.

       "I knew it! What else; licorice?"

       "Okay, no. I have taste," Lucien replied, offended Váli went as far to assume he liked that flavor.

       "Okay, okay!" Váli puffed, "I'll stop." Lucien didn't reply, looking at Vál with an expression of uncertainty. Every couple of seconds, Vál would let out a single laugh, unable to control the need.

       With each burst, Lucien's tight expression slowly loosened until he found himself uncontrollably smiling. Upon noticing, he covered his mouth with his hand, turning his back to Váli. Beginning to clean up, Lucien shuffled about the kitchen.