pain

Warning: death, angst

---

The sun had just started to rise, casting a warm glow over the bustling city of Seoul. Stray Kids were gathered in their practice room, rehearsing for their upcoming concert. The sound of music and laughter filled the air, but there was an underlying tension, one that none of them wanted to acknowledge.

Hyunjin had been sick for a while. His health had taken a turn for the worse, but he insisted on practicing with the group. Despite his illness, his passion for performing never wavered. His determination inspired everyone, especially Felix, his lover.

"Take it easy, Hyunjin," Felix said, concern etched on his face as he gently squeezed Hyunjin's hand. "You don't have to push yourself so hard."

Hyunjin gave Felix a reassuring smile, his eyes filled with love. "I know, but I want to give it my all. For you guys, for Stay, and especially for you."

Felix nodded, though he couldn't shake the worry gnawing at his heart. He knew Hyunjin was strong, but he was also fragile, and Felix hated seeing him like this.

Days turned into weeks, and Hyunjin's condition worsened. Despite the doctors' best efforts, there was nothing more they could do. The news hit the group like a freight train, and the members struggled to come to terms with it.

One evening, as the sun set and cast a golden hue over the city, Felix found Hyunjin sitting alone on the rooftop of their dorm. He approached him quietly, sitting down beside him and wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Hyunjin said, his voice soft and distant.

"Yeah," Felix replied, his throat tight with emotion. "It is."

They sat in silence for a while, watching the sky change colors. Finally, Hyunjin turned to Felix, his eyes glistening with unshed tears.

"Felix, I want you to promise me something," he said, his voice trembling slightly.

"Anything," Felix whispered, fighting back his own tears.

"When I'm gone, I want you to keep going. Keep making music, keep performing. Don't let my absence hold you back. Promise me."

Felix's heart shattered, but he nodded. "I promise, Hyunjin. I'll keep going, for you."

Hyunjin smiled weakly and leaned against Felix, finding comfort in his embrace. They stayed like that, two lovers cherishing the time they had left.

A few days later, Hyunjin passed away peacefully in his sleep, with Felix holding his hand. The world felt emptier without him, and the members of Stray Kids were devastated. The practice room, once filled with his laughter and energy, felt hollow.

Felix, true to his promise, threw himself into his work. He poured his heart and soul into every performance, every song, carrying Hyunjin's memory with him. The pain of losing his lover never truly faded, but it became a part of him, shaping him into a stronger person.

Stray Kids continued to rise, their music touching the hearts of many. And every time Felix stood on stage, he felt Hyunjin's presence beside him, a silent reminder of the promise he had made.

Years later, as Felix stood in front of a sold-out crowd, he took a moment to look up at the sky, remembering the night on the rooftop. With tears in his eyes, he whispered, "I miss you, Hyunjin. Till we meet again."

And somewhere, in the endless expanse of the universe, Hyunjin smiled, knowing that his legacy lived on in the hearts of those he loved.

---