¹⁹ language young lady

it had been a few days since Squid and I had that small argument, but everything was back to normal. whatever that was at camp, anyway.

i was sat on a chair by the pool table, keeping an eye on Dinger with Blondie as he tried to lift weights. the bar clattered back into place as he gave up and something crashed to the floor over by the tv.

my head snapped towards the noise. "ouch, I got whiplash," i hissed to the blonde girl beside me. "girl, look it's Stan." oh shit.

boys started surrounding Stanley and who I assumed was Lump. I could hardly see past them until Squid pulled Stan back and X stood between the two.

"hey, man. chill. look, we start a fight now, the warden'll come down hard on all of us." X-ray reminded them. I held in a snicker as Lump shoved Stanley in the chest.

"just keep that punk away from me, man." he huffed. Armpit picked up the radio as we all went back over to the pool table, "ain't no one mess with the Caveman," Magnet laughed.

they all repeated some version of what Mag said, agreeing that no one messes with Stanley, or as they had now named him, Caveman.

i patted Caveman on the shoulder, before we rushed off to the Mess Hall for dinner. "i'm Caveman?" i heard him ask Zero. "it's better than Barfbag," he replied quietly.

"man, I hate Lump. he's such a wa-" i slammed my tray on the table, dropping onto the bench. "hey there, girlie," Mom interrupted, doing his rounds around the room. "that's inappropriate language," he scolded.

"i didn't even say the word!" I sighed. he put his hands on his hips, "but you nearly did. carry on and you can get moved to dishes." I rolled my eyes as he strutted off to annoy someone else. "yeah, young lady," Armpit cackled. "watch your language."

"fuck yourself," I said through a mouthful of bread. "you ever miss England?" Magnet asked. "uh," I stuttered. "that's random, but yeah, sometimes. I mean I miss my other family there."

"I like it in Texas though," he nodded, "does your family ever miss Escazu?" he told me a while ago that his family was originally from Costa Rica, hence where he got his name Josè.

"definitely, my grandmother visits there four times a year. no clue how she affords it though," he shrugged. "what's it like there?" Ziggy asked him. "beautiful, and the people man, the food. I've only been a few times, but I loved it."

"what about you, Josè? what do you like?" Mom asked the boy. we were in the middle of another councilling session. "I like animals," the bald boy said sweetly. "that's what got Magnet sent here in the first place,"  Armpit laughed.

"man, it's criminal the way they keep them locked up in cages." he pouted. "no Josè, what you did was criminal." Pendanski corrected. technically, he wasn't wrong, but what Mag did wasn't morally wrong.

"no, no. tell 'em Magnet," Squid tapped the boy on the arm. "they wanted a thousand bucks, just for one puppy!" my jaw slacked, "a thousand?! that's insane!"

"I know, I would've got away with it to.. if my pocket didn't start barking." he frowned sadly and i sympathetically patted his knee. we all chuckled at him until Mom ruined the fun, again.