𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

I stood at the center of the ballet studio, the soft harmony of piano keys intertwining with the gentle swishes of flowing tutus

I stood at the center of the ballet studio, the soft harmony of piano keys intertwining with the gentle swishes of flowing tutus. Sarah twirled gracefully beside me, her movements a symphony of elegance. "You're nailing those pirouettes, Ava," she said, flashing a proud grin.

I forced a smile, the weight of my worry pulling at the edges of my lips. "Thanks, Sarah," I replied, but my mind fluttered elsewhere, to the looming shadow that threatened to eclipse my dreams.

"Get back to practice, girls," Mr. Stewart, our ballet instructor, called out from his perch at the piano.

As the melody danced around us, Sarah shot me a knowing glance before gliding over to Mr. Stewart. I clasped my hands together, trying to quell the tremors stirring within me.

~

As I continued practicing in the ballet studio, the familiar scent of worn-out wooden floors mixed with the light fragrance of Sarah's jasmine perfume. I spotted her practicing pirouettes at the barre, her crimson hair reflecting the warmth of the afternoon sun. Her laughter filled the room, a melody that could brighten even the gloomiest days.

"Hey, Ava!" Sarah chirped, her voice soaring like a lark. "I've got a good feeling about today."

I offered her a timid smile, feeling the energy of anticipation buzzing beneath my skin. "I hope so. The performance is just around the corner, and I want everything to be perfect."

Sarah twirled towards me, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "You, my friend, are already perfect. But I get what you mean. Let's make these routines sing with passion."

The music began, and we glided across the floor, our movements intertwining like a beautifully choreographed dance. As we practised.

~

As the final echoes of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake faded into the dimly lit studio, I exhaled a shaky breath and eased myself out of my final pose. The mirror across the room reflected my sweat-drenched form, the graceful lines and arcs of my exhausted body. "Whew, that was intense," I breathed, my voice bouncing off the studio's walls.

Beside me, Sarah chuckled, her amber eyes crinkling at the corners. "You were breathtaking, as always, Ava."

I felt a rush of warmth at her words, knowing how sincere they were. Sarah was my rock, my unwavering support in this cutthroat world of ballet. "Thanks, Sar. You were pretty amazing yourself," I said, mustering a smile. "I'm so glad we're doing this together."

Sarah's smile broadened as she slung her bag over her shoulder. "It's always better when we're in sync, right?"

I nodded, feeling a surge of anticipation mixed with nervousness. Tomorrow was the big day, our chance to perform in one of the most prestigious venues. "I just hope everything goes smoothly," I murmured, a knot of anxiety tightening in my chest.

Sarah's laughter filled the air, light and melodious like a bird's song. "Girl, we've got this. No need to worry about a thing."

As we headed out of the studio, the city night hummed around us, a symphony of distant car horns and muffled conversations. But beneath it all, I could hear the steady rhythm of my heart, drumming with the promise of the coming challenge.

The anticipation coiling in my stomach like a tightly wound ribbon. "I just hope everything goes smoothly. I've been practicing my solo routine for weeks."

As we stepped out into the cool evening, the streets were already abuzz with life, the scent of street food and laughter swirling around us. Sarah looped her arm through mine, her warmth a reassuring presence against the impending dark.

"You're going to be amazing, Ava," she said, squeezing my arm gently. "And I'll be right there in the front row, cheering you on like a maniac."

A soft chuckle escaped me, like the delicate flutter of a butterfly's wings. "I wouldn't have it any other way, Sarah. You're my rock."

~

After I said goodbye to Sarah I made my way to my apartment.

As I stepped into my small, dimly lit apartment, the weight of the day's rehearsals clung to my muscles. I shuffled through the familiar space, each step aching as I shed the layers of my ballerina persona. The scent of lavender and old books greeted me as I finally reached my bedroom, a sanctuary within the city's chaos.

I paused in front of the mirror, meeting my own tired gaze with a soft sigh. The clock ticked relentlessly, a constant reminder of time slipping away. With practiced movements, I untwisted the delicate bun that held my hair captive, letting the dark waves cascade down my back. The cool silk of my nightgown brushed against my skin, soothing the ache in my limbs.

"Another day, another ache," I murmured to the empty room, my voice barely a whisper. As I settled into the plush embrace of my bed, the city's distant hum filled the silence. The evening brought a sense of solitude, a fleeting peace in the chaos of New York.
__________________________________
The book lost all its views and votes IDK what happened but its okay I'll breathe it away.