Training

ARTHUR LEYWIN POV

My fist barreled towards Kordri, who effortlessly sidestepped and counter attacked. While my swordsmanship was on a higher level than him, my hand-to-hand combat was nowhere near that level.

We have already spent six months in the aether orb, or around two weeks in outside time according to Kordri, and I could already feel my human body getting stronger even though my muscles didn't increase in size, but instead shrank. "That is your body reinforcing itself, Arthur. The one gift you humans have is your incredible adaptability. Your soul and mind are mismatched with your body, yet your body is catching up remarkably quickly." Kordri reassured me. 

And he was right. My smaller, more compact muscles made me more nimble and stronger with no downside. My body was slowly adapting to my constant use of Sylvia's will, sword-body union and aspects of origin.

Kordri's palm strike sped towards me, blowing a hole cleanly through my chest.

...

WINDSOM POV

Constant upkeep of the aether orb really took a lot out of me. I hadn't expected Arthur to be so mentally resilient to the point of being unaffected by his own deaths.

I suddenly heard slow, dignified steps approach the tree which lead to the cave. The Asura calmly stepped through the portal, appearing in front of me.

"Greetings, Lady Myre." I bowed lightly. 

"Hello, Windsom. So this is our prodigy, huh?" She muttered as she looked scanned Arthur from all sides. "This boy's physique.. It's by far the best I've ever seen from a human. Fascinating, to think a human body could be taken this far. Could you send him to me after he finished his training here, Windsom?" She requested as she placed her hand on the boy's back. 

"Of course, Lady Myre."

Runes flared up on Lady Myre's body. This was the Realmheart technique, I realized. "He is healing well, I see. Windsom, could you send me in there for a little while?" She smiled kindly, sitting down in the pond.

I nodded, watching the pond water encompass Lady Myre's body.

ARTHUR LEYWIN POV

The world rippled, and a figure stepped out from within the ripples. It was an older woman with gray hair tied back in a ponytail, wearing simple grey robes.

Kordri quickly pulled his hand out of my chest, kneeling. "What brings you here, Lady Myre?"

"Hello, Kordri, I've just come to check up on Arthur. It's as Windsom says, the boy really does possess the Realmheart physique," she said as she circled around me and inspected my runes. "Kordri, could you leave us alone for now? Transfer control to young Arthur, please."

Kordri bowed, disappearing from the field.

Suddenly, the peaceful grass field began transforming. Bloody swords sprouted from the ground, motes of fire encompassing some of them. It was the remains of a brutal battlefield, of a war. A desolate land void of any life, except a tall, golden tree. Its golden leaves fluttered through the battlefield, illuminating the desolate land with hope. A ray of sunshine fell upon the tree's leaves, piercing through the stormy skies. 

A line of the same trees appeared, and each was much bigger than the first one. They all shared another similarity - they were withered to nothing. 

A forest of withered trees slowly started growing, then burning down, but the one single living tree shone brighter than ever, resisting the flames licking at its leaves. 

Lady Myre looked around curiously. "So this is your mental world," she said with awe in her voice. "I was wondering whether you were anything special, apart from Sylvia's will and your bond, obviously. But this exceeds even my wildest expectations.."