Chapter 10: The Confrontation

Youjin Kinoshita's POV

"My son!"

"Youjin-kun."

"Kinoshita-kun."

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe with my own eyes. I never expected the people I hated knew where I live now. My father, my step mother and the school principal were in front of me. Behind them, the four girls, Nonaka-san, Susami-san, Hana-san and Sakura-san, were here too.

But how? How did they know I live here? Did the landlady Hayashi-san call someone to inform my family I live here in the apartment? Did she really betray me? If so, I thought she believed my story and promised me not to tell everyone I lived here.

Now, I'm pissed off by not only meeting them, but also by the landlady for breaking the promise.

"Youjin? Youjin?"

The old man's voice cut through my thoughts. Ignoring him, I stormed out to find Hayashi-san.

"Hayashi-san? Hayashi-san?! Where are you?!"

I yelled, my voice trembling with anger. Damn it! What have you done, Hayashi-san?

The door to another room creaked open, and Hayashi-san appeared, looking worried.

"Kinoshita-kun, please don't be angry, but–"

"What is that?!" I cut her off, glaring at her and pointing at the unwanted visitors. "You break your promise, Hayashi-san!"

"Youjin-kun, please don't blame–"

"SHUT UP, YOU OLD HAG!" I snapped at my step mother who looked both offended and terrified.

"You betray me, Hayashi-san. I shouldn't trust you."

My tears blurred my vision.

"I'm sorry, but I'm leaving. I'll find another place to live."

I was about to go back to my room when she grabbed my arm.

"Kinoshita-kun, please listen to me. I didn't do anything for you. But I didn't know they were your family and friends you spoke about before."

"She's right, Kinoshita-kun. We just asked her to confirm that you live here." Shinohara-sensei added.

Maybe I was wrong.

"Please, Kinoshita-kun." Hayashi-san said while holding my arm tightly. "Let them in. I'm sure they will apologize and explain to you."

Letting go from her grasp on my arm gently, I closed my eyes to calm myself down. But I still feel suspicious about them. They might try to drag me back to the place where I had suffered so much.