Chapter 6

(Lo'ak's POV)

I woke up finding myself on a rock I'm guessing, but I fell confused, how the heck did I get here? I thought whatever that thing was could've killed me.

I suddenly jumped when I saw Steam in front of me, I looked down and saw gills (Idk what they are, so feel free to correct me in the comments) I then scanned and saw I was not on a rock but on a Tulkun.

"Oh shit" I mumbled as I went into the water face-to-face with the Tulkun and sat on its fin, which had a harpoon type device.

"You saved my life," I said "Thank you" I finished.

"Thank you" Putting it in sign language.

The Tulkun was now making all kinds of noises which I of course did not understand.

"Buddy, I have no idea what you just said," I said faintly chuckling.

Its eyes suddenly fell to the water. I took the hint and dove to see what it was referring to.

Only to get slapped in the face by a tail.

I jerked a bit holding my face and saw what the heck was that.

Only to be met by Y/n who was struggling to undo the bindings on the Harpoon.

Probably wasn't paying attention to her surroundings as she didn't even notice me after hitting me with her tail.

I swam close to her trying to avoid her tail, and tapped her shoulder, when she noticed me I signaled her to let me help her, in which she did.

I took the wrench part and started turning it, and the bottom came off.

She then pulled the main part of it and dropped it to the bottom.

We both swam to the surface gasping for air as I sat back on its fin, while Y/n stayed in the water.

The Tulkun lets out a happy noise, which she gently rubs its head.

She smiled slightly and turned to me.

"He says 'Thank you' " she said, which made me smile.

(Y/N'S POV)

After some hours of swimming with the two, I asked Lo'ak how he ended up in outside the reef.

He said he was left by Au'noung and his buddies when they were supposed to go fishing.

I felt anger rushing through my body. Did these idiots know they were gonna put his life on the line?!

I was cut from my thoughts when we heard a voice "LO'AK!" Jake, we're home.

"Shit" I muttered, "Rina's gonna kill me".

"Go," Lo'ak said to the Tulkun, "We will see you again," he said while signing it.

The Tulkun got the message and swam off.

The clan gathered as they saw me and Lo'ak with two clan members who found us.

Lo'ak got off and thanked him.

I got off pushed past everyone and delivered a surprisingly hard punch to Au'noung's face as soon as I saw him.

Ronal held me back and pulled me away from him before I did more damage to him.

"Your sister is waiting for you," she said.

I wanted to give another hit Au'noung but Ronal held me tightly.

She gave me a look telling me to go back to my Marui, in which I did as I didn't have a choice.

When I got there I was met with a worried and angry Rina, who had her arms hugging her.

"You went out the reef again?!" she said angrily.

"I know I shouldn't have but he was about to get killed!" I said, hopefully.

"Why were you there in the first place?" I froze, not knowing if she'd believe me when I told her the real reason.

"Well?" she said a bit annoyed with my lack of response.

"You're not gonna believe me if I tell you" I whispered, which caused her face to fall.

I let out a shaky breath as I finally told her about the nightmares I'd been having and how I was sure it was not a dream at all.