1] The First Time

"I heard we have a new music teacher." Said my friend Jade. That was unfortunate. This school was shit.

"Oh? My condolences" I said half jokingly. Of course I wouldn't care. Well, I would, but more about raising hell when I got bored. That's all I really did.

"Wait, what class do you have next?"

"Math."

"Goddamnit, I'm in music then." I mumbled to myself. At least I got to meet this new teacher, whoever it was. And then I could make it my mission to be absolutely insufferable.

I said my goodbyes to Jade, and walked to the music classroom. I stared blankly at it for a moment, and walked in. I walked straight to the back corner of the room, where I always did. "Teacher's not here yet." I took notice. "Oh well." Too bad. Who really cares though? I just took out my sketchbook and started drawing, plugging my earbuds in and listening to some music on my iPod. Typical, for me.

My friend Lain walked in and came to sit next to me. "Hi." She looked over at what I was drawing. "What'cha drawing?" Her tone was bright but tired at the same time.

"A cat."

"Cool. What kind of cat?"

"Probably a plain grey one."

"Cool."

I was listening to my music casually and peacefully, sitting at my table with my friend when I just heard someone clear their throat. Like, a 'Hey, I'm trying to talk to you' clear throat. I turned and saw him.

"Hi?"

"Hi." That was the teacher. For sure. He was kind of short honestly. "Care to share what you're listening to?"

"I'm good, thanks." I turned and went back to drawing. I could hear the confusion in his silence.

"That wasn't a question-"

"I believe it was, though." I said sarcastically, as the snarky shithead I am.

"Take your earbuds out, they aren't allowed in the classroom. And put your iPod away too."

I rolled my eyes. God, he was boring. "I'm just listening to music. It's music class, is it not?"

"Yes, but-"

"I'm studying the music."

"Is that an attitude you have there?"

"Is that the height of a middle schooler you have there?"

Lain laughed at that one. More so just a quick sputter, trying to not get in trouble. I was definitely getting sent to the office for that one. A bunch of kids turned around to look at what just happened. The teacher just looked dumbfounded.

"Name."

"Excuse me?"

"What is your name."

"I should tell you that why?"

"Because I'm writing you up." A bunch of kids all jeered or gasped. I wanted to personally tell each one of them to shut the hell up.

"Good for you, I'm not giving you my name though." I said casually and shrugged. This guy already seemed annoyed. It was a Monday. First period too. He definitely wasn't running off of much.

He looked over to Lain, who was still trying not to laugh. She tried keeping a straight expression, but failed miserably. "Oh- Uh- Sorry- You need anything?" She barely managed to stutter out.

"Her name." The teacher pointed to me. I knew Lain wouldn't say it.

"Oh- I'm sorry, I don't know her-"