Artisans Guild Of Rahn Estar

The teacher smiled. "I hope we speak with more traders. Please, show them what I showed you. I give you my permission. We of the Artisans Guild Of Rahn Estar wish all of our artisans to be safe! Too many of us had Mashai persecution, and were forced into practices they knew would kill us! Our Council only teaches safe methods, and we will send our members to each of our cities to speak and demonstrate in every festival.

"Please, enjoy our festival, and all of you who practice an art, you are welcome to demonstrate it on our commons, near our green Trade Building. There is no need to ask permission, simply choose a space and work! We do not ask a percentage of your trades as in Elshar colonies, nor do we ask for a petition of our Council."

A young trader stood. He shook all over. "No petition? I can merely set out my pots and make them?"

"Esta ay! Here, it is not allowed for Mashai to damage your pots or ruin your art. No one is allowed to insult you. Do you see the TS Inspector watching trades today? Every day, when not hearing cases, he is in one of our cities' markets to show Mashai that they cannot persecute us, here, or in any world of Alb!"

He shook harder. "How long does it take, to obtain a home here? What percentage of trade is the contribution, to a Zheien king? Each city has one and each prov has one, and the world has one. Do we contribute to each king in the place we are assigned to live?"

"Oh, my friend, pach ay! On any world of Alb, if you choose to move there or here, it is the same. Your contribution is 10%, whether you are artisan, trader, healer, scientist, or any occupation! You give trade to the world, not individual kings. This percentage is Alliance-wide, but many Elshar colonies are run by Mashai, and they are allowed to add to it.

"Here, you will never give more than 10% unless you wish to support your king. There have been times in our past when all of us were starving, that we were asked to give more, so our colony survived. Yet, even in those times, we were never required to give more than 10% and there was no persecution of those who refused to give more!"

The man laughed! "Oh, this is wonderful! So, how long does it take, to petition for a home, and where might we get?"

"My friend, you do not need to petition! Come when you like, and you may choose where to put your home. Design one without trade, and it is yours, not owned by the colony! You could have a farm and grow your own pigments, if you paint!"

He sat harshly on the floor! "A farm! If my ship will make it home, I will get my family and try to come here!"

The teacher went to him. "Are you ill? Bring a healer!"

"I—have to go home! I do not know if my wife, my bahie, they—Mashai threaten us! I came here because a friend said you have food."

A healer came and put his hands on the man's dark curls. He was young for that. "My son, eat—"

"I h-aven't traded today—"

"We give food and healing to all who come to us! Where is your home?"

"El-shar Mashai, Prov 459,999! M-most of us l-lost everything in the Panic!"

The teacher stood and brought a holo. "Eae Elshar Mashai eae Prov 459,999!"

A haughty trader with cobalt blue robes came up. "Pah! What do you want to speak with the last prov on our world?"

"Pah! What business is it of yours, to question me! Let me speak to their leader. Now!" He slashed across the front of his robes, and Tessite symbols clanged together. "I am Perasha, Leader Of Rahn Estar Artisan Council! Remember my name well, if you see Ih Esta. Our TS Inspector, Terisch Paha, watches."