13 | ???

Colette PoV

It was 3:36am when I woke up to run to the bathroom and be sick. Every morning for 6 days now, I've thrown up at precisely 3:30am. I've lost my appetite and just feel unwell, I think I'm coming down with a sickness bug or something. Even though I've not been eating properly, I seem to be putting on weight, which is starting to worry me. The good news is, Emmi's cancer is almost gone! Treatment has been working, which is great news for the family. Shay has been busy sorting out the garden and getting it perfect for the kids. He just wants the best for them. The children have all been busy with the end of school, they are extremely excited to spend the summer with Emmi and Emmi is excited to have her siblings at home all day for the whole of the summer. Carlie has been a super aunt and has been helping take care of Brock after school.

I laid on the sofa, clutching my stomach.
"Hey babe, you don't look well. Maybe we should get you to a doctor?" Shay advised.
"No I'm fine, I don't want to go to the doctors office, I will be better soon" I replied.
"But after everything we've been through with Emmi, I don't want anything happening to you, especially as it's in the same area" Shay looked at me with a sad expression.
"I think it's just a bug, I've felt like this plenty of times before, don't worry' I said softly.
"Okay, but if it gets worse then please tell me so I can do something. I will be outside if you need me" Shay said before kissing my head.
I nodded.
I walked over to the bathroom and locked the door. I was getting this weird feeling in my stomach. I pulled my top up and examined my stomach in the mirror. I stared for around 3 minutes before remembering when I felt like this. Tears started building up in my eyes, it couldn't be happening. There was too much going on for this to happen right now. I put on my shoes and sent a text to Shay.
To: Shay
'Just going to get some groceries, be back in ten'
From: Collete

I rushed over to the car and set off for the pharmacy. I pulled up and walked in, I was wearing my jumper so no viewers could see me. I grabbed the nearest pregnancy test and quickly paid at the counter and ran back to the car before anyone saw me. I was still in so much shock.
I finally returned home, ran upstairs into the bathroom and locked the door.
I patiently waited 5 minutes before picking up the test and looking at it...