{00} prologue ₊˚⊹ ᰔ

TURN IT UP ─

©cupiidz :: © haruichi furudate

─ it was a rather cold and rainy afternoon. the first years on the karasuno boy's volleyball team finally began to get along somewhat, despite having only known each other for a few weeks.

"why do you look so on edge? are you gonna shit your pants?" nishinoya asked tanaka.

"shut the fuck up," tanaka responded, his face cringing at the idea of something.

"what do i need to kiss something better for you or something? i'll do it, right now, show me the boo-boo."

"what? no, not now. in private, babe," tanaka responded jokingly. "you eager little thing."

as nishinoya and tanaka were joking around, neither of the boys noticed daichi opening the gym doors for you. you walked up to the two boys, tapping tanaka on the shoulder.

"no, no, no.." he muttered before exclaiming: "who let her in here!?"

"you are so, so beyond fucking dead," you looked up at him.

"i said i was sorry, i tried talking to him about it but he wouldn't budge!" tanaka replied.

"woah, woah, what did he do now?" noya asked.

"we were supposed to submit a video of us talking about imperial japan in world war two for our first social studies project and fucking troglodyte over here submitted a video of him lip syncing to the descendants soundtrack with you."

"tanaka," nishinoya cleared his throat. "that was supposed to stay between the two of us."

"i swear, [name], my beautiful noya, my fat fingers slipped."

"why was that even on your school drive?" sugawara chimed in.

"i couldn't be bothered to switch e-mails!" tanaka yelled in return.

"yeah, and now our final grade for our project is a 15%. being out of pity," you explained.

as the three of you continued bickering, with sugawara throwing in his two cents every now and then, you hadn't noticed the attention you had gotten from a certain first year.

"who is that?" yamaguchi quietly asked tsukishima.

"how should i know?" tsukishima responded. "one of their friends i guess?"

"huh, one of their friends.." yamaguchi muttered back to himself.

sure, yamaguchi found girls to be attractive often, but that was never more than a thought. something he would give up on within the minute, but something felt different this time. he couldn't put his finger on what it was about you to make him feel this certain way before even talking but strangely, he liked it. yamaguchi finally had something to look forward to each day at school.

 yamaguchi finally had something to look forward to each day at school