ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ꜰᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇɴᴇꜱꜱ

::::**•°𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐍 °•**::::

....::::**•°𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐍 °•**::::....
- TWO WEEKS LATER -

Preparing for the trial against our fathers was an arduous process. My mother was determined to make them pay for their wrongdoings towards Wooyoung and their deceitful actions against her business. As I helped her gather evidence and strategize, I couldn't help but notice Wooyoung's solemn demeanor around the house. He was constantly on his phone, deeply absorbed in his conversations. Although I knew I could access all connected device data, I respected his privacy and hoped he would open up to me on his own.

The betrayal ran deep. Wooyoung's father had not only condoned inappropriate advances from my father but also participated in underhanded schemes targeting my mother's assets. The situation had escalated to a point of no return, and forgiveness seemed impossible. Yet, I sensed Wooyoung's conflicted emotions towards his father, who had selfishly thrown him into turmoil.

"I'll be ready for tomorrow. Spend some time with Wooyoung; he seems lost in his thoughts," my mother advised, as Seonghwa entered with more documents for the case.

"I'll take it from here. Go to Wooyoung," Seonghwa suggested, understanding the need for personal support in these trying times.

I nodded in agreement, putting the papers aside, and made my way to the bedroom, where Wooyoung was likely seeking solace in solitude. It was clear he needed someone, and I was determined to be there for him, to navigate through the storm together.

I walked towards the bedroom, the weight of our family struggles pressing heavily on my shoulders. As I approached, I heard the muffled sound of Wooyoung's voice through the door. Curiosity and concern halted my steps; it wasn't like him to keep things from me, especially not something as significant as this.

Hesitating just outside the doorway, I unintentionally overheard his conversation. The tone of his voice, usually so calm and confident, now trembled with a mixture of frustration and sorrow.

As Wooyoung's words trailed off, my heart pounded with mixed emotions. Standing just beyond the threshold, I listened intently, grappling with my own feelings of betrayal and injustice that clashed sharply against his growing willingness to forgive.

"You don't think I'm hurt? You're about to get locked up for a good reason. I'm not sure what to tell you anymore," Wooyoung said quietly, his voice a mixture of pain and resignation.

After a brief pause, he added softly, "I want to forgive you, Father." Those words sent a jolt through me. The thought of forgiveness after everything that had happened felt like a betrayal of our efforts to seek justice, of the promises made to right the wrongs inflicted upon us.

My love for Wooyoung was unwavering, but hearing him express a desire to forgive the man who had caused us so much pain was infuriating. I couldn't fathom how he could even consider forgiveness, given the severity of the betrayal.