Chapter 1

The night sky, illuminated by a hauntingly full moon, cast an eerie glow over the dense forest. Sanemi Shinazugawa, the Wind Hashira, stood vigilant, his senses heightened as he patrolled the dark woods. His breath came out in puffs of steam, his grip firm on the hilt of his Nichirin sword. The memory of his latest battle still lingered fresh in his mind, the blood of the demon still wet on his blade. But tonight, an even greater threat lurked in the shadows.

A sudden rustle in the bushes caught his attention. Sanemi's eyes narrowed as he slowly approached the source of the sound. Before he could react, a demon leapt out, its claws slashing through the air with blinding speed. Sanemi managed to parry the attack, but the demon's strength was overwhelming. In a moment of distraction, the demon sank its fangs into Sanemi's shoulder, injecting a burning venom into his veins.

Sanemi gritted his teeth, fighting through the pain as he decapitated the demon with a swift, precise strike. But it was too late. The venom coursed through his body, the transformation already beginning. His vision blurred, his body convulsed, and he collapsed to the ground, the world around him fading into darkness.

Back at the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters, the crows were in a frenzy. Sanemi's crow, blood-stained and frantic, burst into the meeting hall where the Hashiras were gathered. Its screech echoed through the room, silencing the ongoing discussions.

"Sanemi! Sanemi Shinazugawa has turned into a demon!"

The Hashiras froze, disbelief etched on their faces. Gyomei Himejima's prayer beads clattered to the floor, Mitsuri Kanroji's eyes welled up with tears, and Obanai Iguro's gaze darkened with a mix of shock and betrayal. Only Giyuu Tomioka remained outwardly composed, though his eyes reflected a deep concern.

"We need to find him," Giyuu said, his voice steady. "We can't let him suffer alone."

The hunt for Sanemi began immediately. The Hashiras, along with squads of demon slayers, scoured the forest where Sanemi was last seen. It wasn't long before they found him, his body hunched over, panting heavily. His eyes, once filled with the fiery resolve of a warrior, were now a deep crimson, a clear sign of his transformation.

Sanemi sensed their presence and turned, a low growl escaping his lips. He launched himself at the nearest figure – Giyuu. The Water Hashira dodged the attack effortlessly, using his calming presence to try and reach the man beneath the demon.

"Sanemi! It's me, Giyuu! Fight it!"

Sanemi's response was a feral roar, his movements erratic and wild. But Giyuu was relentless, using his skills to subdue Sanemi without causing him harm. Finally, with a swift strike, he knocked Sanemi unconscious.

When Sanemi awoke, he found himself restrained, a muzzle placed over his mouth to prevent him from biting. The realization of his new reality hit him like a ton of bricks. He was no longer human. The very thing he had dedicated his life to eradicating, he had become.

The Hashiras stood around him, their expressions a mix of anger, sorrow, and confusion. Obanai Iguro, his closest friend, couldn't even look him in the eye.

"You betrayed us," Obanai hissed, his voice trembling with emotion. "You betrayed everything we stand for."

Sanemi's heart sank. He wanted to scream, to explain that it wasn't his fault, but the muzzle silenced him. The weight of his new existence pressed down on him, suffocating him with guilt and despair.

Mitsuri, who always wore her heart on her sleeve, couldn't hide her tears. "Sanemi, how could this happen? What will we do now?"

Only Giyuu stepped forward, his eyes locked onto Sanemi's. "We'll find a way to help him," he said firmly. "He's still one of us."

"How can you say that?" Tengen Uzui demanded, his voice laced with incredulity. "He's a demon now! He poses a threat to everyone around him."

"He's still Sanemi," Giyuu replied quietly but with conviction. "And we don't abandon our own."

Days turned into weeks, and Sanemi's new life as a demon was a constant struggle. The muzzle remained, a symbol of his restraint, both physically and emotionally. The Hashiras treated him with a mixture of caution and hostility. Obanai, once his closest ally, kept his distance, the friendship they once shared now shattered by distrust.

Despite the hostility, Giyuu never wavered. He visited Sanemi daily, bringing him food and speaking to him as if nothing had changed. He told Sanemi stories of their past battles, shared news of the ongoing war against the demons, and reminded him of his humanity.

"You're still in there, Sanemi," Giyuu would say. "We'll find a way to reverse this. I believe in you."

Sanemi, though unable to respond, felt a flicker of hope every time Giyuu spoke to him. In those moments, he clung to the memory of who he once was, determined to hold on to his humanity no matter how faint it seemed.

One evening, as the sun set and the world was bathed in twilight, Sanemi sat alone, his mind racing with thoughts of his past and his uncertain future. Giyuu approached, sitting down beside him.

"I've been doing some research," Giyuu said quietly. "There might be a way to reverse your transformation. It's risky, but it's a chance."

Sanemi's eyes widened, a glimmer of hope sparking within them.

"But you have to promise me something," Giyuu continued. "You have to keep fighting. Don't give in to the demon inside you. Can you do that?"

Sanemi nodded, the determination in his eyes shining through the darkness of his transformation. Giyuu's unwavering support had rekindled his spirit, giving him the strength to keep going.

The journey ahead was uncertain, fraught with danger and obstacles. But Sanemi, with Giyuu by his side, was ready to face it. He knew that redemption wouldn't come easy, but for the first time since his transformation, he felt a sense of purpose. He would fight to reclaim his humanity, to prove to his comrades – and to himself – that he was still Sanemi Shinazugawa, the Wind Hashira.

And so, under the light of the moon, the two Hashiras set out on a new path, determined to turn the blade's darkest edge back into a beacon of hope.
----------------------------
Hello my cobs I worked on this a bit and wanted to make It nice so enjoy! 😀
Words: 1065