⟡CH. 6 ⟡

『𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚖 』

✦ ─ ˗ˋ ୨♡୧ ˊ˗ ─ ✦

"Y/N, WILL YOU WAKE UP ALREADY?"
I heard a familiar voice call out as someone shook my body until I awoke.

I opened my eyes to see Lynette - fully ready and dressed- standing beside Lyney.
"Where's Freminet?" I asked drowsily as I sat up in my bed.

"He's gone on a diving mission and he isn't going to be watching the performance tonight. We know you are, though... so we got you a little something to wear~" Lyney said smugly as he tossed a box to me. I looked down at it and saw the logo on the front reading 'Chioria boutique'.

"You didn't have to get this..." I mumbled, guilt weighing down upon me as I saw the price tag.

"Look inside. I'm sure Monsieur Neuvillette will love it." Lyney teased. I shot him an annoyed glance and opened the box. My face instantly lit up as I saw the colour: a rich, navy blue.
"You two... you shouldn't spoil me like this."
The twins shook their heads and told me to stop feeling bad.
"If you want to show your appreciation, wear it tonight to our performance . I think it'll look great on you." Lynette smiled softly. I nodded my head and gave my thanks.

The two of them explained how their dress rehearsal was starting and they needed to leave, so we said our goodbyes, and it wasn't long before I was alone again inside of the hotel room. I went to the mirror and lifted the dress up against my body, inspecting if the colour complemented me well. To my delight, there was nothing about the garment I didn't seem to love; it was perfect.

I knew I had a couple of hours left to get ready. It was best to start as soon as I could so I wouldn't be late.

TIME SKIP

The dress Lyney and Lynette had bought fitted just right. I'd tried my best to put on as many fancy accessories as I could and style my hair. As soon as I was confident enough in my overall appearance, I set off to the Palais Mermonia.

Sunlight radiated in the skies and a soft breeze danced amongst the streets of Fontaine, not a cloud or a raindrop in sight.
"Seems like someone's in a good mood." I mused to myself as I felt the warm rays bounce off my face.
The city was incredibly lively, billboards filled left right and centre with adverts of Lyney and Lynette's performance. I heard a few excited women gossiping over the fact that Neuvillette and Furina would be attending the show as well; I could only imagine how many of their admirers had bought tickets for that reason.

Eventually, I'd made it inside the reception of the Palais. I approached Sedene at the front desk, and I saw her little face brighten with excitement.
"Oh, Y/N! You look absolutely stunning!" the melusine exclaimed, taking my hand in her paws. I smiled and thanked her, patting her on the head lightly.

I heard footsteps approach behind us.

"Y/N..." a familiar voice mumbled.
I turned around to see him standing there as elegant as ever, adorned in his usual suit. His eyes were wide as he gazed upon me.
"Hello, Monsieur. Are you ready to leave?" I asked as I approached him. I watched his face closely- it seemed to be a bit redder than usual.
I heard Sedene laugh beside me.
"Well, Sir, aren't you just the luckiest man in Fontaine to be seen with this lovely lady? I'm guessing that flushed face is in honour of miss
Y/N's beauty, am I correct?" she teased. To my surprise, Neuvillette smiled and nodded his head without much hesitation.
"Even I cannot deny that, Sedene."
The melusine seemed to be overjoyed with this response, laughing hysterically as she watched our faces. "Well, you better get yourselves to the Opera Epiclese: there'll be a long line of people waiting. Have fun!" she called, returning to the reception desk.
I couldn't deny I was a little shocked at how easily Neuvillette had agreed with her statement.
"So, I'm guessing you like the dress?" I asked him as we began our walk outside.
"I think it suits you very well, yes."