Chapter 2: Police interrogation

An hour passed and Yuri and the detained man were already in the police station waiting to be questioned.

Some of the officers who did tests and investigations on the man came back with some frightening results. No records of the man were shown. No medical, social security, bank, education, not even birth records. Upon physical examination, the man was reported to not have a pulse but has dilating pupils. His hands don't have complete human characteristics, it is plain with no unique features such as fingerprints or palm creases. One officer noted that he smells too much like coffee. Was it this man that made the house smell of coffee? Was this man even human?

Yuri's house was also put under investigation by the police department for possible break-ins. After some time, they are then reported by the station that the man accused of breaking in had no fingerprints, which caused them to be unable to search for fingerprints on doorknobs or other surfaces. The police in the area had requested the nearest surveillance owner for a viewing of their surveillance cameras that were overlooking Yuri's house. They are granted and started to delve into the recording of that morning till night.

Surveillance footage of Yuri's house around 9:29 am:

Yuri left his house, with his keys at hand, locking up his house frantically. After locking it, he went inside his car and drove off.

In the hours between 10 am to 7 pm, nothing happened to Yuri's house.

Yuri's Car arrived at his house at 7:12 pm, and there, Yuri brought in his stuff from his office on the one hand, coffee on the other, then headed on to his house.

The house was stagnant from 8 pm to 11 pm.

Around 12:23 am that midnight, something out of the ordinary came about. Light from the only window shined bright.

It wasn't a break-in as originally thought. There was no evidence that suggested a break-in happening based on their investigations in Yuri's house and from the surveillance cameras. Strange... Strange indeed...

Yuri was also questioned for further investigation. He sat down in front of a police officer, and there he was questioned as the man accused got physically examined.

"So Mr. Dei, can you recount the things that happened?" The officer asked Yuri.

"So Officer, I arrived at like 7 at night, I can't remember exactly because I was really emotional that night." Yuri told the officer.

"May I ask why you are emotional?" The officer said.

"Well, It wasn't an easy day to begin with, I got fired and all." Yuri answered.

"Okay, I see, Go on with your retelling." The officer said as he took down the notes.

"Then I got inside my home with my stuff and then I just instantly fell on my bed. Sobbing and Tearing up." Yuri told the officer.

"After that did you do something else?" The officer questioned.

"I didn't, officer, I had fallen asleep in an instant." Yuri said.

"I see." The officer said as he took down notes.

Another officer came in bringing in reports from the investigation at Yuri's home. Upon reading the report, the officer showed Yuri the thing that happened at 12:23 am that midnight.

"Are you sure you are not doing anything that would cause this massive beam of light?" The officer questioned Yuri.

"I am positive that I didn't do anything around that time, sir. I have no clue nor any things that can make that beam of light shine like that." Yuri responded.