Ch.9 | again!

Qrow sprinted through the woods. He was following Yang, Ruby, and Adam secretly. Trying to make sure none of them were hurt. He stood on top of a tree branch while looking down. Adam's heroic behavior made Qrow's heart sink.

Yang, who was in the wagon quickly climbed out and began running with a young Ruby in it. For whatever reason the Grim began to follow Adam, was it because he felt more fear than the other two? It didn't matter, he got on gear and began following them. 

Qrow couldn't see very clearly what was happening, what he did know was that the branch he stood on, suddenly fell thanks to his horrible luck. He fell with it and hit his head while not using any aura, which made him black out. 

When he woke up, he couldn't see Adam anywhere. He rushed around to try and find him, but he was nowhere to be found. 

"Did he go back to the house?" Qrow could only hope that was the case. He jumped and flew... that's right. Qrow flew.

Instead of two hands, he had two black feathered wings and instead of feet, he had talons. He could turn into a crow. 

He looked over from his bird's eye view, but he couldn't see Adam anywhere. There were only three assumptions Qrow could make. Either he was eaten alive -- he hoped with all his heart that wasn't the case. Adam was still running away from the Grim, or he'd returned home after shaking them off. 

Qrow closed his beak tight and begged the two gods that his luck for once in his life wouldn't be bad. He transformed back closer to the house. When he reached the entrance he saw Yang crying while Tai comforted her. 

"Adam!" Yang grabbed her father's sleeves while he was kneeled. "You, You have to find him dad!" Yang's tears wouldn't stop. Tai's expression wasn't saddened. He hugged Yang tightly, giving her a warm embrace. 

"I am so glad you two are safe." Tai hugged Yang tighter, but Yang pushed him away.

"Adam! Dad, Adam is being chased! You have to help him!" Yang looked beat up and was full of scratches. She stared at Tai with an angrier expression. Ruby was still peacefully sleeping in the wagon Yang brought her in. 

"Tai... Adam... isn't he here?" Qrow looked around and tried finding a mop of pink hair. He couldn't find it anywhere. Tai shook his head. 

"He did something incredibly heroic," Tai said, putting his hand on Yang's shoulders. "We'll remember him as a little hero." He didn't look sad at all. 

Qrow knew... he knew that Tai never looked Adam's way. He was aware of how he was treated. He tried taking Adam from them so many times, but every time Adam would shake his head ("I want to be with dad... and with Summer!"). Qrow felt his heart sink. He had no idea Tai thought so little... wasn't his son? 

With his fists clenched, he could feel tears begin to well up. 

"Shut up! He's not gone!" Yang pushed her father and ran to Qrow, who was on the verge of letting himself fall on the ground. "Uncle Qrow... please..." she grabbed Qrow's pants and looked at him with teary eyes and with a face filled with tear-streaks. "We just began talking to each other... he can't be gone! He, He beat my record in the game," Yang was getting winded, she was hyperventilating and sobbing, "please. Please." She dug her face on Qrow's pants. 

Qrow composed himself. What was he doing standing there? Wasn't he an information gatherer? Wasn't he a huntsman? Why was he just standing there while his niece cried. 

"I'll do my best to find him." Qrow didn't want to reassure her completely... things could get ugly. If he found Adam's dead body, it would be better telling her that he went missing and breaking the news when she was a little older.