Chapter 7

Jeongguk was woken up by a loud noise coming from downstairs. He turned to check the clock on the bedside table,it read 5 a.m. With a groan, he got up from the bed, rubbed his eyes, and trudged down the stairs. As he reached the bottom of the stairs, he saw Seokjin frantically cleaning the kitchen, surrounded by a mess of pots, pans, and cleaning supplies.

“What the hell? Am I dreaming?” Jeongguk said, his voice groggy and confused as he rubbed his eyes again, trying to make sense of the chaotic scene before him.

Seokjin jumped at the sound of Jeongguk’s voice, dropping a pan with a loud clatter. His eyes widened in surprise and alarm. “Oh shit, I thought you were a ghost,” Seokjin said, closing his eyes and placing his hands on his chest as he tried to calm his racing heart. “Good morning, Sunshine.”

Jeongguk, still half-asleep and disoriented, looked around the cluttered kitchen. “What? Seokjin, what the hell are you doing in the kitchen at 5 a.m.?”

Seokjin offered a sheepish smile. “Oh... I had to work last night after you left, so I couldn’t finish cleaning. I just finished work and thought I would clean before I went to bed. Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you. The pan slipped out of my hand,” he said quietly, a pout forming on his lips as he looked a bit embarrassed.

Jeongguk sighed deeply, running a hand through his messy hair as he took in the disarray. He glanced around the kitchen, still a bit cluttered from last night's baking mishap. “Please, just go to bed.”

Seokjin hesitated, his eyes showing a mix of confusion and concern. “But you don't like an unclean kitchen, and I thought...”

“Yes, I don’t. But I also don’t like my early morning sleep getting disrupted. So stop this and go to bed. I will call a cleaning company later,” Jeongguk said, his tone firm yet surprisingly gentle as he stepped closer, surveying the mess.

Seokjin, sensing Jeongguk’s frustration, moved a little closer to Jeongguk and tilted his head slightly. “Would you do that for me?”

Jeongguk paused as they locked eyes for a few seconds, feeling a strange tension between them. He then took a few steps back, clearing his throat. “Go..to bed, you look like shit,”

Seokjin then moved even closer and gently booped Jeongguk’s nose. “How sweet of my baby. Put it on my tab. I owe you one,” Seokjin said with a playful grin, trying to lighten the mood.

Jeongguk gave a resigned shake of his head. “Just get out”

Seokjin hesitated for a moment longer, glancing around as if considering one last task, then caught Jeongguk’s glare. Realizing it was a losing battle, he raised his hands in mock surrender. “Okay, okay, I’m going. Bye,” he said as he walked towards his bedroom.

Jeongguk watched him go, then called out, “Aren’t you using your work studio yet? Why are you working on the couch?”

“No... I'm not happy with the studio yet. Not getting the vibe. I still need some accessories to be completely done,” Seokjin explained, turning back to face Jeongguk.

“It’s just a working place. Who the hell needs a vibe?” Jeongguk asked, exasperation creeping into his voice.

“I do,” Seokjin said, standing his ground.

“Go,” Jeongguk said, glaring, not wanting to argue further.

Seokjin waved and left for his bedroom. As Seokjin left, Jeongguk took a deep breath, shaking his head with a mix of exasperation and amusement. He looked around the kitchen one last time, deciding that the cleaning could indeed wait until a more reasonable hour. The early morning light was starting to filter through the windows, casting a soft glow over the kitchen. Yawning, Jeongguk headed back upstairs, hoping to catch a few more hours of sleep before the day truly began.