Chapter 9: Escape

⚔︎ Garam ⚔︎

Tumingin ako sa imahe ng buwan na nasa labas ng bintana at pinakiramdaman ang paligid.

I need to escape...

Using my power as a raven, I turned on all my senses and closed my eyes for a bit. Once I opened my eyes, it hurt and stings—palatandaan na nagbabago ang kulay nito.

Raven's or crows sclera was black, and our iris was blue. Tuwing ginagamit namin ang eye senses namin, nagbabago ang hitsura ng mata namin.

"Clear..." I mumbled softly once I confirmed that only the sound of snoring and heavy breathing was active—tulog na ang lahat.

My feathers appeared in the air, and using my mana, I manipulated it to tear down the ropes on my hands and feet.

Dahan-dahan ang lakad ko papaalis, pero nang malapit na ako sa pinto ay may naalala ako. The badge of the colonel Jima, it seems expensive.

Nahinto ako at napaatras, pero saktong pag-ikot ko pabalik papunta sa silid nila ay siyang pagsulpot ng kung-sino!

"F-Fvck!"

I bit my tongue due to shock. I felt my soul leave my body for a few seconds until I realized it was Abaddon.

"S-Shit..." I clenched the hem of my shirt.

Nagtaasan lahat ng balahibo ko sa katawan. Nakangisi si Abaddon sa akin habang nakatingala siya. Despite him being in the body of a six or seven years old child, his presence is no joke.

Lahat ng himaymay at balahibo ko sa katawan ay nagtataasan, pakiramdam ko unting mali kong galaw ay pwede akong mamatay.

"You want the badge of one of those humans?" Bumuntong hininga siya bago humikab.

Kumamot muna siya sa likuran niya bago ilahad sakin ang badge ni Jima.

Abaddon grinned widely. My lips parting due to confusion and I could see the amusement in his eyes.

"I'll give you this under one condition...."

-----⚔︎------

What a mess...

Tagaktak ang pawis ko sa buong katawan habang patuloy ako sa paglalakad, my feet seems giving up.

"Can't you just walk?!" Anas ko, I'm giving Abaddon a piggyback ride.

"Maliliit ang biyas ko, at kaunting galaw ko lang, inaantok na ako." He whined behind me before yawning, his voice muffled since he's eating bread while speaking.

I gritted my teeth and fastened my walk, napanganga ako na napatingin sa taas ng aakyatin ko.

It's the stupid mountain towards the Gamdo sect!

"Wait, are you really stupid?" I wanted to cover my ears with his sudden shout.

My brows furrows at his remarks, nagpatuloy ako sa paglalakad habang nasa likod siya pero nagsalita pa rin siya.

"Koraki has wings, you're the descendants of Koraki's, why aren't you flying?"

I paused for a moment, there's confusion in my eyes.

"Koraki? Ano 'yon?" 

Pasimple kong pinunasan ang pawis ko sa noo gamit ang likod ng kamay ko, pero nagulat ako nang binatok-batukan niya ako

"Hey bastard!!!" I shouted, nawala na siya ngayon sa likod ko at tumalon at nagpagpag.

There's still confusion in my face but once I looked down and turned around to see him, I saw that his eyes were widened, para akong may nasabi na hindi ko dapat sabihin.

"Hindi mo alam ang lahi mo? Ang lahi ng Koraki? Then how about Almena?"

My lips parted, still confused, his face and his expression....I cannot read it at all.

"People like me are called ravens or crows....I don't know what you're talking about." I mumbled sincerely.

"And I don't know others, but I... I have no wings." I added. 

Natulala si Abaddon, his red eyes flickering.

 I close my lips....

"Then this world must be damned..." he whispered under his breath, but I couldn't hear his next words.

"Malapit na ba tayo sa Gamdo?" Tanong niya matapos ng kalahating minuto. 

Tumango ako. 

I stopped my curiosity to ask but it seems he reads my mind.

"The scythe of death, the treasure of the Creator he gave to me was in the temple of Gamdo."

Nanlaki ang mata ko at nakagat ko ang labi ko. How? How come?

Kumunot ang noo ko, pinipigilang sabihin na wala na talagang pag-asa ang mundo dahil ang Gamdo sect na mayroon ngayon?

They are fvcking lunatics who consume drugs and have dealt with Qiro before in an illegal transaction.

"P-Paano pag nawala ang scythe?" tanong ko, ilang hakbang nalang ang layo ng paa namin sa mismong templo ng Gamdo.

"If it's lost?" Abaddon paused and smiled tenderly. 

"I'll just wipe out this temple and kill everyone." He mumbled and chuckles.  

"I'm not really merciful like my brother, Astra, you know."

Natutop ang bibig ko at napalunok. I have seen the power of some elemental gods and I'm still shaking even now—I mess with them and sometimes steal their gems. But that's it, I was never caught to begin with and just watched from the side as they destroyed their surroundings.

I was wondering how strong the power of the primordial gods was but I can't fathom it really, kahit pa na basahin ko pa lahat ng aklat na meron sa Agrona.

"Kailangan pa ba kita samahan sa loob?" tanong ko, pinagpapawisan ng unti at gustong tumakas.

"That's part of the deal!" Abaddon hissed.

And maybe I should really escape that time....

Because now???

"Fvck, what did you say? I can't hear you old man..." I could hear Abaddon's bones in his finger as he clenched his fist.

 Lumilikha rin ng tunog ang leeg niya nang ibaling-baling niya ang ulo niya---stretching it in front of the elder. 

The sect leader of Gamdo sect's was flabbergasted of being disrespected by a seven year old boy but he remains calm and speaks.

"The temple is in dire need of money, We believe it's the will of the god to sell the scythe of Abaddon."

The sect leader speaks with dignity....

And that's it— after those words, the whole temple was split into half. 

⚔︎☠⚔︎