𝟹 | 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙵𝙸𝚁𝚂𝚃 𝚂𝚃𝙴𝙿

EVERYTHING AFTER THAT PASSED IN A BLUR

EVERYTHING AFTER THAT PASSED IN A BLUR. The group insisted on finding answers with Noa, but she was out of it, answering like a robot would do with bland questions and empty answers. They even sent a picture of Hannah, but it was no use. It only reminded her of the missing poster, and it made her feel even more guilty. Nothing more.

She however learned during this short conversation that Thomas had actually not contacted the police yet, which made him as suspicious as her in the eyes of the world. But even more in her eyes.

They all left the group shortly after, except for Richy and Cleo, who persisted on getting to know her. She only shared her name and her gender, keeping things formal because she wasn't sure yet if she wanted to tell them more.

Noa did not even take the time to ask the waiter, Phil, questions about Duskwood or the missing girl. She did not visit the town, or answered to her family's and friends' texts. Noa just went straight home. Not even her home, but her aunt's home. And the thoughts made her feel even more alienated.

Ever since her accident, the universe had tried to communicate something to her. She did not know what. It kept throwing at her obstacles and hard times and shocking revelations, like that relationship she apparently was into. She had been told that it had lasted a year, and that's all she knew about it, because she had a new phone after that and nobody was willing to tell her anything about it. Despite her insatiable curiosity, she was a hard believer that sometimes, it was better not to know.

But there was this mysterious relationship, there was all the friends she was losing, the bond with her family that was thinning, her trust in her own past and her trust in others that were slowly disappearing... It was a lot to bear. It was close to being too much.

Now, with this whole group of friends reaching out to her... She had been hurt so much by the people in her life leaving her that she was not sure if she wanted anyone new into her life anymore. It felt wrong and dangerous. Useless for the price she would have to pay.

Time had passed, so, naturally, she was slowly understanding why they had left. Her therapist helped her a lot through this reasoning. Maybe she would have done the same, who knows ? You get to know someone for five or so years, you both experience crazy stuff each year and you witness them change and evolve, and suddenly, their whole self is the same as three years back, and everything is gone. The complicity, the parallel evolution, the shared experiences... It was a hard choice, to go or to stay. In the end, she was glad that people made it, so she wouldn't have to. And it was a sad thing to be happy about.

Noa did not listen to music on her way home. She was listening to Mother Earth and was begging her to heal her brain, to help her. In each step, she sent waves of hope for a better future, for a quick resolution in this beginning of a mess. She did not have the energy to deal with anything else than her memory loss right now.

However, in all honesty, it was not only for this innocent reason that she has decided to not put any music on. Noa was feeling watched. She had thought about going for a walk in the forest to ease her mind, but she quickly changed her mind. It felt weird. No birds were quarreling, no squirrels were jumping from trees to trees, even the wind had settled. It felt disturbing and it made her uncomfortable. She dismissed the idea quickly and had gone back on her way home in silence.